AMD Catalyst Software Suite Version 12.2

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by MIG-31, Mar 8, 2012.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 Windows release includes:
    NEW FEATURES

Windows 7 and Windows Vista support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    • Enables support for Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit/32-bit.
    • Windows XP support will be made available in AMD Catalyst 12.4.
    IMPROVEMENTS

Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing is now available for DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications
    • Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900 and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.
    • Users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications.
    • Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications).
    AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements
    • Custom resolutions – users can now choose from a much larger set of display resolutions for their AMD Eyefinity configurations.
    • Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations (when physically plugging/un-plugging displays) will occur automatically by loading the appropriate profile.
    • HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference.
    • Profile Manager improvements: Users can now create multiple Display profiles, enabling users to seamlessly switch between various AMD Eyefinity and Display Configurations.
    RESOLVED ISSUES

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
    • Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Tom Clancy HAWX with Crossfire™ and Eyefinity enabled.
    • Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Call of Duty – Modern Warfare 3 in a Tri-Crossfire setup.
    • Random texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Dragon Age 2 with Crossfire and Vsync enabled.
    • Skipping the in-game cinematics when running Dragon Age 2 in DirectX 11 mode no longer causes random stuttering.
    • The Battleforge DirectX 10.0 benchmark no longer experiences intermittent crashes when run in Tri-Crossfire mode.
    • Random flickering is no longer observed when playing Battlefield – Bad Company 2 in DirectX 11 mode.
    • Playing back h.264 interlaced BluRay content no longer displays intermittent green flashing.
    • The system no longer experiences random hangs when playing back BluRay 3D content in Duplicate mode.
    • Starcraft II no longer experiences random system crashes when exiting a campaign in certain Crossfire configurations.
    • Batman – Arkam City no longer experiences intermittent system crashes when run in DirectX 11 mode.
    • Changing Crossfire settings no longer causes a random system crash.
    • A system crash is no longer experienced when playing Rage with Crossfire enabled.
    • Crysis Warhead and Battlefield – Bad Company II no longer experience random crashes in certain Crossfire configurations.
    • Playback of BluRay 3D content now correctly uses hardware acceleration.
    • Random texture corruption is no longer displayed when playing Dirt III in DirectX 11 mode and with anisotropic filtering applied.
    Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
    This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.2 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

• Windows Aero options are available after installing the driver.
    • Background textures in World of Warcraft Cataclysm no longer experience random flickering in some Crossfire and Eyefinity configurations.
    KNOWN ISSUES

Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:
    • Alan Wake - Enabling CrossfireX can cause corruptions or hangs. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
    • Elder Scrolls - Image corruption can be be seen with Anti-Aliasing enabled on speciic AMD graphics hardware. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
    • Vsync may be disabled after task switching when playing Rage.
    • A black screen may be displayed when running Civilization V in certain Eyefinity configurations.
    • Playing Far Cry 2 at high in game settings may generate a system hang.
    • Poor performance may be experience when playing Dirt 3 in DirectX 11 mode at low resolutions with Crossfire enabled.
    Download Here

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I thought that this was downright impossible, well done! :)

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

I have resorted to installing Windows 7 x64 completely fresh, getting all the Windows Updates... A-L-L of them...then installing the 12.2 WHQL drivers and I'm having nothing but trouble!!

First of all, when I go to reboot the PC, when it gets to Windows, I have to get up, go around to the back of the PC, Unplug the USB power cord for the DP-connected monitor, plug it back in, Just to get the Desktop to show up.

Secondly, while this is happening, the center screen (I have three) gets its resolution screwed up to the point that there are black bars about a inch and a half at both top and bottom. This gets straightened out once the USB plug has been pulled and plugged back in.

(I've confirmed, for me, that this is a driver problem because I uninstalled the drivers and, at the next reboot, all three screens came up in their proper resolution without the dance to the back of the PC!)

Thirdly, I cannot get the AMD Overdrive option to work. I'm not alone in this! When I scroll through the warning and then click on Apply, the whole Performance tab disappears. I'm reading that this may be something AMD is doing on purpose to get rid of the Overdrive option. I can't confirm that, but, I need it ONLY to control my fan. I prefer to run it at a constant speed rather than let it fluctuate on its own. It has worked well for me for several years now.

Again, just to re-emphasize: This is a totally fresh Windows 7 x64 installation.

The main reason I resorted to this is that CCC had started refusing to even show up. Without it, I can't control Eyefinity...nor the fan speed.

Yes, I'm really getting pissed off! I've spent the better part of the past three weeks trying to get to the bottom of the CCC not showing up problem and it seems I've only opened a Pandora's Box.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

@Dyre

Was 12.1 working well for you? Maybe I should leave this one alone...

5. Dyre Straits

So far, every single version that has a "12" in it has been trouble.

For awhile, I couldn't even get CCC to open. Then, after lots and lots of cleaning out old driver files, I was able to get it to open. But, then there was no Gaming tab. So, no access to the settings there.

I'm just very, very upset at the moment and not planning on doing any updates until I can read of a multitude of success stories. This latest series of episodes is making consider the "greener grass on the other side of the fence" for the first time in 16 years.

AND, since it appears that it's the AMD drivers causing problems, I've reverted back to my previous Windows 7 installation rather than go through a whole new series of games/programs installs.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Hmmmm... Okay.

12.1 seems okay here, just figured I'd ask because we are both running eyefinity. I'm not using the active DP-DVI adapter though, still running out to VGA on that "third" monitor, doesn't bother me in the slightest and works like a charm. Also still running X2 5770's. Guess that all makes a difference somehow. Bummer you are having such issues.

Thanks for the input! I've downloaded 12.2 but not installed yet.

7. Dyre Straits

I may go ahead and try the VGA Adapter situation again since I do still have that. The only problem is that I have to use the Mini-DP to Full-DP adapter and then connect the cable to it. That's a lot of "weight" IMO, to have hanging off the back of the PC. And, I'm not sure just how that would affect the port over the long haul. I never could get one of the AMD Validated non-powered adapters to work on these monitors. And, I think it's due to the DVI solution these monitors use rather than the problem being with the adapters themselves.

Anyway, I'm back to being able to setup Eyefinity. But, the drivers I'm using are absent the GAMING tab. At least, however, I'm able to use the Fan Control option in the Performance tab.

I may need to go green before I turn blue...from holding my breath that AMD will get this mess fixed!

8. HyDa_DRUID

HyDa_DRUID Combat Flight Sim Junkie

Dyre, if you are worried about the weight hanging tie a string to the adapters then find one of the case screws above the adapters, unscrew it, wrap the string around the shank of the screw a few times then tighten the screw and make sure the string is taut enough to support the adapters.

9. HyDa_DRUID

HyDa_DRUID Combat Flight Sim Junkie

also, before you run into this issue ill remedy it now, wrap the string around the shank clockwise so that the string does not get slack in it as you tighten the screw.

10. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

When I first got that 6870 from ya, I was having all kinds of ccc oddities, mainly vpu driver stopped responding, crashing and restarting the driver. It would happen almost every time I went into the CCC and changed something in the 3d performance area. I had the newest .net framework installed, version 4. After I uninstalled it and reinstalled the 3.5 version and not updating to 4 the problem resolved itself and I havent had one VPU error since. I have since, in the last month or so, reinstalled the .net4 and haven"t noticed any issues. Maybe worth a shot to try the alternative to what you have installed now.

I'm on the 12.1 all seems well.

If the Red gets you so red, that you may need to go Green before you turn blue, let me know if your running any sales :duh: :D :rofl:

Good luck Dyre

11. Dyre Straits

You'll be the first to know. :lol:;)