AMD guys: your highest 200fsb bench 3dmark2001se

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Disabled Fast Writes and achieved this with stock settings for graphic card.

[​IMG]

Settings were 9-3-3-3
    FSB: 215 x 10.5

I have been advised to use a formula like this: 3+3+3=9 or 2+2+2=4

2. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Damn it hasnt displayed my image from the snapshot. Anywaz the result was 17,005 in 3dmark01

3. Driver 7

Driver 7 Discombobulated NVidiot

I tried disabeling Fastwrites and my score droped 600 points. So they seem to bennefit my system anyway. Eveeryone seem's to be as unsure about FW as people are about Dual Channel DDR. Guess it can affect systems differently. I dunno. I'm still not breaking any records.
    There is one thing I know for sure. I'm going to buy The Swiftec Water Cooling kit in thee morning unless someone tell me it's garbage.

4. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Dunno about MR 7. Its worth a shot, whats your best with 3dmark01 and 3dmark03?

5. Driver 7

6288 in 03 & 17569 in 01. Good scores. I cant complain. However I Want an extremley large avatar.

6. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Not bad......... Whats ur voltage for both DIMM and CPU? I cant get my memory to run at Cas 2

7. Driver 7

You mean RAS to CAS. I dont believe anyone who sais they got there A7N8X Deluxe's CAS to RAS set to 2. I have tried in many dif settings. It will not even try to boot. My settings have always been ?/3/2/2 or ?/3/3/2. My CPU is 1.775 or 1.800 Volts. DIMM is 2.6 or 2.7
    Have you tried the UBER 1005 Bio's? It add's voltage control for the chipset. without doing the infamous voltage mod.

8. DNAlchemist

DNAlchemist New Member

Im running a XP2600+ on an a7n8x-x at 11x200 with 11-3-3-2.5 timings. Ive got a coolermaster aero7+ which is making my cpu nice and cool but i cant get a higher overclock (it just wont boot...ive tried upping my vcore, which is at 1.65 to 1.8 and 1.85....but still no go :( ). Any suggestions as to why?
    Also have a radeon 9700np with a thermaltake crystal orb, and im just about to put some CHUNKY heatsinks on the ram...how fast do you think i can take it????
    cheers

9. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Set the foloowing:

Memory timings to "agressive"
    CPU to "user defined"
    CPU Voltage 1.72
    AGP Mhz: 66
    DIMM Voltage 2.7

What kinda RAM you got: PC3200, 3500, 3700?
    try and set the CPU multi to 10.0 and the FSB to 210

10. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

[OT]

Driver7, this is highly off topic, but what theme is that?

[/OT]

As far as the ON topic... the best that I have been able to hit was with a 9500np that was hacked, and overclocked... 17,098 points.

I have not really started tweaking with my current card... but with everything set to my normal everything on but FSAA (16xanso) I pulled something like 16,889 points...

Sometime soon, I will get to tweaking, and overclocking ... and see what this card can really pull :)

11. DNAlchemist

DNAlchemist New Member

well.....upped my FSB to 210 with multi of 11....and it cacked itself on prime95, so dropped the multi down to 10.5...seems stable. My mem bandwidth on sandra improved markedly. My MOSFETS are feeling pretty HOT, thanx to the upped FSB i imagine, but im putting some heatsinks on them soon...so thats cool......should probably stop now....but....just a little more speed....:D hehehe

gonna run 3dmatk2001se now....see if its had any effect.....post soon.

12. DNAlchemist

DNAlchemist New Member

:( ZERO effect on 3dmark01.........still only getting ~14500.....oh well. Got some thermal tape coming soon so ill cover it with heatsinks and jack up the ram speeds. running it @ 300/275 at the moment so i got alot of work to do ;)

13. WyreTheWolf

Ram sinks have nearly ZERO effect on overclocking... once a memory module refuses to go any faster... there is very little you can do to make it run faster... other than:

lowering timings (not recommended on vid cards)

upping the voltage (this is where ram sinks come in) because if you up thevoltage the memory will fry quickly...

thermal tape (frag tape) doesnt really do a good job of transmitting heat... it actually in most cases acts as a thermal insulator!

I would suggest using some super glue in the corners of the ram, and using thermal paste in the middle... little bit goes a long ways ... that will give you a far better thermal transfer, and may help eek out another 5MHz in memory speed... voltage modding is NOT recommended, but that can also help garner faster ram speeds... with the expense of eventually burning out the card.

Good luck though!

14. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

So far so good!

The temps are mainly because of your CPU Voltage. I could set it to "Auto" and see how you go.

What graphic card do you have?
    Remember though the key for speed is the FSB. Having CPU Multi at 10.0 and FSB at 220 is alot quicker than CPU Multi at 11 with a FSB at 200 even though the CPU Mhz is much higher on the 200FSB.

This Link will be available on the 1st of Spetember I suggest you get and have a good read.

Overclocking guide

Memory, Mobo, & CPU Overclocking Guide (AMD) :D

15. WyreTheWolf

16. WyreTheWolf

17. shuki

shuki New Member

just give shuki a day or two and he'll have his entry :)

18. DNAlchemist

DNAlchemist New Member

ive got a sapphire radeon 9700np with a thermaltake crystal orb and (in a few days) 8 ramsinks i made from my old stock AMD heatsink (which i replaced with a coollermaster aero7+ (which rocks!)

I'm not gonna try a 220FSB till i get some ramsinks on my MOSFETS and a fan on my northbridge (only has stock sink at the moment), but as soon as i get them in (same time that i put my ramsinks on 9700) ill give it a shot.....mmmmm......lotsa overclocking to do :D

19. satech2001

satech2001 New Member

Hey Justin !

Here is a suggestion:

Switch drivers to 3.6 (non omega)

The regular 3.6 are much faster (a diff of almost 1000 points for me) compared to omegas.

He said that the drivers were NOT for benching and he was right..

BTW what are your default clocks on that monster.

20. satech2001

satech2001 New Member

OK this post is to stay on topic:

here is my 200 fsb score: 17490

200 fsb mark

It was done @ 200x12 dual channel 8-3-3-2.5 (twinmos)

my best overall is 18300 (@ 212x11)

my best so far