Anyone good with photoshop/ image enhancment ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Mr Cairo, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

So short story my friends sister passed away a few months ago after a very short battle with Cancer, they had asked the undertaker to take a fingerprint to have set in resin, the undertaker has done this but not very well at all

can anyone make this image any better than I have, there is a lack of detail that I with my limited PS expirience can work with

if anyone can help thanks if not that's not a worry

cheers guys

EDIT> The one on teh left of the image please

Attached Files:

2. Mr Cairo

This is the best i could do

[​IMG]

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I tried a bit. Not saying it's better, but it's different. I didn't use PS as I don't have it or know how to use it. If you want the actual file (tif) pm me your email or something.
    [​IMG]

Mr Cairo likes this.
  4. Mr Cairo

Thats better than what I could get so thanks a million for that, No need to email it though I just downloaded that image

seriously thanks for this :)

Trusteft likes this.
  5. Trusteft

I am glad to have been of help.
    :)

Mr Cairo likes this.
  6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

I'm seriously curious to know why a fingerprint set in resin is so important? Seriously, could it be used for nefarious purposes?

Mr Cairo likes this.
  7. Mr Cairo

Only important to my friend as a reminder of the Sister she lost, She just was not ready to lose her sister, Michelle was only 52 years old.

The resin print will then be mounted on a chain and worn as a locket (I don't think these things could be used to unlock a phone or anything)

Seen this sort of thing done with baby feet and hands but never a fingerprint I suppose it helps her in some way and that's the important thing,

Dyre Straits likes this.
  8. Trusteft

It crossed my mind, but then decided to just ignore it. If Mr Cairo wants to do something nefarious, who am I to stop him?

9. Mr Cairo

I cant even spell Nefarious ... no hang on it appears i can :)

Calliers, Trusteft and Dyre Straits like this.
  10. Dyre Straits

My daughter-in-law works at a Veterinary Hospital. She has a knack for crafts. One thing she does, among many others, is something called, "Remembered Furever". For those pet owners who have to put down their pets, and wish a memento, she clips some fur from the pet, then encases the fur in acrylic.

Examples below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IvanV likes this.
  11. Trusteft

I don't know if it's just me, but I never felt like keeping part of my pet/human who I loved and they died, with me. I guess I am a bit like Klingon on the matter of dead ones.
    I mean my grandmother died about 15 years ago and she was the closest person to me and I have zero things of her. Then my grandfather, same. Last summer my father died and the only think of his I have is one photo when he was much younger and his mobile phone. The only reason I keep the phone is I don't want to risk having any personal files of his go to anyone else (if I sell or give it away) and I refuse to go through it to check it as his life was his.
    Well, technically I do have two more things from my grandparents. A very very cheap cane I bought my grandfather when I was like 9 or something and a cheap semi working wall clock.
    Nothing from pets even though I used to own several and loved them all.

Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  12. Dyre Straits

I'm sure there are many others like you. So, it's not just you.

As for these mementos: They do seem to be in demand on occasion. It's not like my d-i-l is working on them every night...or even every week. But, she does get orders more than every once in a while.

Mr Cairo, Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  13. Trusteft

I am not against them. If people like them, good for them and good for your d.i.l. she does it. They look well made and to server their purpose.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  14. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

I've only ever gotten one memento from a pet that died, a paw print on a card that says you will be missed. It's on the fridge (it has a magnet on one side).

I kind of feel bad every time I see it, but most times when I open the fridge I don't really look at the fridge magnets.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  15. Mr Cairo

Dyre now thats really nice work and that's the sort of idea they are going with.

As for the rest of the conversations about death and loss I have gone both ways over the years.

I lost my Father when I was10 and didnt understand the emotion at the time, I have 1 photo of him and thats pretty much it back then we were not poor but we didn't really have a lot so there was not much to leave and nothing suitable for me at that age

My Mother passed young as well I was 31 and the only thing I had from her was a set of China cups that she kept on a shelf that I had originally bought her for Christmas one year, they have spent the last 15 years in a box in a cupboard in the spare room I don't display them I never use them but I will never sell them

My oldest sister passed about 15 years ago and there was zero connection with her she had moved away and we drifted apart as time went on

At Christmas my middle sister Joan passed and it was like a hammer the grief for her was like nothing I had ever felt before and that need to have something "real" of her to remember her by was incredibly strong just something tangible that would connect me, her husband gave me a plain silver ring that she wore day in day out, I had it resized and her name inscribed inside ... it makes me feel happy and sad at the same time, I cant explain why i wanted it but felt I needed it.

its different for everyone I mourned Joan so hard it was almost a physical pain others I just carried on and rarely think of them, Pets have come and gone and as much as i loved them I don't mourn them

So when Marie asked if i could help I was happy to try and when i realised I was not able to do what she needed as good as it could be "This place" was the place I knew i would get help

Your a good bunch of guys and yes writing this about my family is probably making me a little more emotional than usual :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Dyre Straits, Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  16. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

those mementos are nice Dyre, unsurprisingly I know a few people who’d probably be into that kind of thing.
    I’m in the not sentimental camp.
    I do keep my fathers signet ring in my desk, but that’s pretty much it.

Trusteft and Dyre Straits like this.