Anyone with an P4S533 and 1.6A

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by TyR, Jun 2, 2002.

1. TyR

TyR New Member

Well guys its my first post around here and I would like to ask a few questions:
    Does anyone of you got this combo? And if so would it be possible to tell me at what fsb you got this baby runnin? Is it a good mobo or I should get another (Dont call me cheapo, I just didnt want to spend loads of cash)? What memory should I buy? And finally for the cooler. I m running with stock cooler right now but just in case I would like to know if any good stuff is avail. Thanks in advance :D :D

2. Alan Allen

Alan Allen The "Eye"

Welcome aboard! :D

3. JavaFox

JavaFox E Pluribus Unum

Hi! Welcome to DriverHeaven!

Well, I'm not a P4 user, but I still can give you a few recommendations and pieces of advice.

From what I have heard and read, that is a fine motherboard to go with. Actually, it's been my experience that SiS chipsets are one of the best for the P4 platform. SiS is really getting their stuff together.

As far as RAM goes, this advice is true for any kind of enthusiast, regardless of CPU preference: get high-quality, high-speed, name brand RAM if you're an overclocker. What this boils down to is basically this: get Corsair. No really, just get Corsair. :D Good RAM will hit higher speeds and not impede your FSB overclocks.

As far as coolers go, I am inclined to say that stock is fine. If people can get to 2.4GHz on stock cooling, that cooler is fine. :) Actually, I haven't really read many favorable P4 fan reviews, to tell you the truth. The Coolermaster heatpipe one looks to be very nice, but, really, stock cooling on the P4 ought to be good enough for anybody.

Hope that helped! Have fun! Let me know what kind of o/c you get out of your rig!

4. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I just ordered this motherboard with a P4 2.26 GHz, I also ordered some Samsung PC2700 for it. I also have some PC2100 from my Athlon system (which is being replaced) that I'm going to try with it. I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll try OC'ing it as well

5. WarGun

WarGun New Member

6. WarGun

WarGun New Member

7. TyR

TyR New Member

Well guys thanks a lot for your interest. That baby really kicked some a$$ :D
    I clocked it at 145 x 16 = a whole lot more than poor 1600 MHz . I managed to get a 512 pc2700 Samsung which reaaaaaaaaally proved to be a champ. I managed to clock it at 214 MHz from the 166MHz of the ddr333, the timings really sucked though (the worse one you could ever guess), but it run rock solid and without any probs. If you could tell me how I can post some pics, I ll put up some of my benchies. Thanks a lot and may the O/C force be with u

8. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member