Apartment suggestion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am between two.
    The first is larger, 90sq/m , entresol / mezzanine. About 30% more expensive than the second one.

The second is smaller, 60sq/m, high first floor. About 30% cheaper than the first one.

Both about the same location.

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

For one person... I'd go for the 60m², significantly cheaper one, unless you often have guests sleeping at your place. Do you count floors as ground, first second, or is the first floor actually the ground floor? I think I'd prefer to be slightly higher up, not immediately on ground level.

Trusteft likes this.
  3. Trusteft

Good question. I forgot that in some countries (USA and...USA?) the first floor is the ground floor.

basement--ground floor--entresol/mezzanine--first floor.
    First floor is above the ground, as is entresol/mezzanine. The floor at the ground level is ground floor.

I won't have guests. It's just that with the 60 I will have to use the single bedroom for sleeping and something else, perhaps working desk while using the living room for entertainment. Where with the 90 which has 3 bedrooms and a living-room I will be able to use one room for bedroom, one room for work, and have a spare room and the living room for anything else. I was thinking having the 3rd room as a games room.

4. IvanV

Well, that sounds great. I guess it all depends on how well the financial part adds up. If the difference won't affect your monthly balance that much, then sure, the bigger one will be more comfortable and separating work, sleeping and leisure areas is always recommended.

The layout of that 60m² apartment doesn't seem optimal. I live in an apartment about that size and it has a bedroom, a living room (that perhaps still feels slightly too big) and a "dining room" which is currently used more for work.

If we were talking about purchasing, I'd likely go for the larger one if I can afford it and if we're talking about renting, I believe I'd take the smaller, cheaper one. Also, I game on the PC so work and game room are one and the same for me. And perhaps more importantly, if it were just me in the apartment, I think I could quite happily live in some kind of a "micro-apartment", or at least one with no more than 30m², as long as it was well laid out.

Trusteft likes this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Like @IvanV said, if money isn't a factor go for the larger one. At least that's what I'd do.

Trusteft likes this.
  6. Trusteft

I couldn't go with something as small as 30. Even if I managed to fit everything inside, the apartment would feel to me a bit too "busy". I wouldn't feel comfortable.

The difference in money is considerable for me. I do understand the larger is almost always better. Especially if I ever start a family.
    Will see...

7. Trusteft

Money is a factor, but perhaps I will need to shut up and make the move.

8. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Can I bounce your kid on my knee when you sire little spawns? :D

9. Trusteft

First I will need to bounce a wife on me.

Calliers likes this.
  10. IvanV

That's why I mentioned it, I realize that I might be more "tolerant" to small spaces than most and that that should probably be considered when weighing my thoughts on this matter. :)

Trusteft likes this.
  11. Trusteft

I'm getting the 60.

Calliers likes this.
  12. IvanV

Enjoy your new place and may the moving process be as painless as possible. :)

Trusteft likes this.
  13. Trusteft

Thanks, I will know more details on Monday, but it will probably take at least a couple of months as the current owners are now looking to get a new place to move to.

14. Trusteft

And after weeks, it looks like the whole thing is no more. After trying to give the down payment to the owner for all this time, today she told me that she will not take the money or sign anything, till she finds another place for her to move to. Even refused to sign a contract saying that I will wait for her to find another place before we finalize the sale.
    I am annoyed. I am very annoyed.
    Back to zero. All this time lost.

15. Trusteft

I found another place, things are going well. If things continue to go well, I will be able to move within this month, or at the very least the next one.
    About 75sq/m top floor (4th), not bad at all with a large balcony.

Calliers and IvanV like this.