Apple Tablet coming early 2010 - the rumour mill continues

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 28, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

DriverHeaven spoke to Apple Insiders last week and we were told that they are not comtemplating releasing a Mac Netbook, the main concern was the performance of the Atom processor and also the fact that to compete in this particular market too many corners would need be cut to fit in with the Apple 'quality' ethos.

The rumours however continue to flourish that the Cupertino giant will in fact be releasing a Tablet based computer in early 2010. Insiders told DriverHeaven that Apple are targeting the Amazon Kindle with a focus on reading materials and light surfing and even movie watching.

Apple however are taking a different stance and flexing their muscle by lowering their revenue demands from media providers - Amazon currently ask for a whopping 70 percent and Apple would be happy with 30 percent.

We are very interested in this and will continue to poke at our sources in the industry to bring you the latest information.

Allan Campbell: Heaven Media

2. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Interesting to see if this comes to life. I think there is market for it, and I'm sure if they do it they'll do it right.

3. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

It's possible Apple is indeed not going to use the Atom. Intel has CULV CPU's which aren't too expensive (given Apple's normal price premium), and it's entirely possible to create a tablet using them.

4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

so what market would that be aiming for ?? :confused:

Cowon and Archos type stuff or what ???

5. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Newton anyone ??

6. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

I think they'll be bigger than the Cowan/Archos options, and probably have more features than just a multimedia player - I was hoping for a full-features version of OS X, but from the looks of things it won't be at quite that level, but somewhere in between