Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

As I mentioned in the "Show Your New Stuff" thread, I picked this up for PC during the Black Friday sales.

I also mentioned that I didn't want to play it until I had more of Red Dead Redemption 2 under my belt.

BUT, I did, at the very least, want to make sure the game played well on my system!

So, I played through the Introduction portion of the game. King Leonidas is leading the Greeks into battle against the Persians. It was a grand battle on a HUGE Scale. The action was very fluid with n hiccups that I could detect.

As Kind Leonidas put down the Boss Persian, the game went to Autosave....and the save indicator stayed on the screen for a good 10 minutes before I finally hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and End Tasked on the game.

I'll wait for some new patches before checking out the game anytime soon.

I just DO hope it saved my progress. That Boss was quite a brute!

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Brilliant game with Side Quests i have clocked a 127 hours of gameplay

Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I haven't got a clue when I'm going to find the time for it, but you guys are going to make me get it.

4. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Ivan, haven't you always been a fan of Assassin's Creed games? I mean, you really don't have a choice, just look at your avatar? :p

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Sadly, I game very little these days. I think I need to cut down on my YouTube intake, although I'm not sure that I actually game less because I watch random stuff more and not the other way round. I have to shamefully admit that I haven't really played Origins either, even though I was somewhat hyped about it. I got a chance to try it out for about an hour or so, thought I'd get it, but didn't.

BTW, that puts me into a conundrum, if I were to get an AC game that I haven't played, would I be better of going for Origins or Odyssey. I played some Odyssey yesterday on our local Games Con and it seems quite similar to Origins. Maybe I'd actually prefer the Egypt as the settings and I Odyssey might be more merciful to my GPU (although, as far as I could see, the engine is the same).

6. Dyre Straits

I have noticed that there's a huge lack of gaming discussion here for quite some time. Since I've regained my hearing, even I have dropped off gaming so much. Before my severe hearing loss, I was very active in music: playing instruments, singing, and listening to my favorite singers. That stopped in 1984 when I realized I couldn't understand what was being said to me on the phone or what was being broadcast over the radio. Games, with sub-titles, took the place of that loss.

But, I do still enjoy games very much. I don't think I'll ever completely stop unless I can no longer use a keyboard/mouse or controller. ;) (Which actually could come sooner than later at my age!)

But, until then... Game On! :)

7. Calliers

We're getting old is what's happening. :D

8. Dyre Straits

Nah, I was old when I first started playing video games. :D

Calliers likes this.
  9. Calliers

So what are you now? Oh ancient one? :p