Asus Z97-Pro (WiFi ac) bios update fail

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by caps_buster, Dec 21, 2015.

1. caps_buster

caps_buster Just one crazy geek :)

My Asus Z97-Pro (WiFi ac) have bios v2303:

[​IMG]

So I load the new bios (all the more recent bioses anyway) on USA flash:

[​IMG]

I picked up the latest one (v2702) and tried...

[​IMG]

...to upload it, then I get "not a proper BIOS" message:

[​IMG]

NONE of the bioses I tested (v2401, v2501, v2601 and v2702) worked. All I download directly from Asus site:
    http://www.asus.com/cz/Motherboards/Z97PROWiFi_ac/HelpDesk_Download/
    ...so could SOMEBODY tell me, what is going on?!

Next thing - let's try the mainboard function of USB BIOS Flashback - I put into the proper port (page 2-14 "bottom port supports USB BIOS Flashback") USB drive with file in the root directory, renamed by the BRenamerl.exe utility to "Z97P.CAP")

After power up, I hold the BIOS_FLBK button for 3+ seconds and I expected to see 3 blinks of the LED and beggining of the flash proces, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPEND.

The last attempt to flash bios update on Asus Z97-Pro (WiFi ac) was my attempt to boot from USB flash. Formated as DOS bootable device (or DrDOS) and in both attempts failed. Even afer disconnecting both SATA devices (HDD + DVD).

So the mainboard works, but it did not see the Samsung SM951 (MZ - HPV1280) M.2 128G SSD is not seen as device in bios or HDD prep programs like Mini Tool Partition Wizard Pro. Any help is need:

[​IMG]

...perhaps it is just me, doing something wrong?

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/Z97PROWiFi_acUSB_31/HelpDesk_Download/

you are trying to flash from a usb flash drive that is FAT32 correct? IT MUST be fat32.. it cannnot be ntfs or exfat... otherwise a error like this will appear.

i don't know why the hell asus or any number of other manufacturers insist that they only provide fat32 support for flashing when almost everything should be ntfs now.

copy the data of the flash drive and format the drive as fat32 and try again.

i've had a z97 pro usb.31 board, flashing it with a fat32 based flash drive was smooth, just copy the bios file... NOT THE ZIP OF THE BIOS... extract it first.. to the flash drive... then go into the easy flash wizard and select it... never had a problem outside of the flash drive format.

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

The files might be corrupt as well. You could try download them on another computer and/or another network to see if they work better.