Attn OCZ Customers - Need Help? Post Here

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by RyderOCZ, Feb 4, 2005.

1. mike2h

mike2h New Member

its called- THE JUDAS FACTOR. random, weird shit happens that has no explanation whatsoever. it is almost a paranormal state. or otherworldly depending on how u look at it:D

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

this is pretty significant and SERIOUS, specially if indeed the thermal paste does has a deteroraiting point, this is no different then other products that have various points on the temperature scales that the chemical compounds or whatnot break down and become completely useless.

This definitely warrants investigation as it could have major ramifications.

This has nothing to do with paranormal or some kind of unique phenomina.

Reguardless of how sarcastic your post was, i'm serious. This is troublesome. And it cannot be isolated.

IF indeed the paste reach lets say a temperature of -25*C at which point becomes a useless tube meaning my saliva would be a better thermal paste, this is indeed a problem.

My Ultra 5+ is running low and unfortuneatly i may not be able to use the OCZ product i was finding was performing on par if not superior to that of the alternatives. If i cannot get confirmation on what is happening, it's very likely i'll have to use the alternative.

If someone were to be able to get a tube of it, freeze it to -40 or -50*C just to make sure, and then keep it at that temperature to make sure it's got a penetrating result... and then test it ... i would be more then happy.... But obviously that might be a little difficult.

3. mike2h

mike2h New Member

lmao. judas, so far that i know of, u are the only person with problem. if the paste does actually break down at -25c(or lower), the nit is a problem that is ONLY a problem when shipping at those temps & actually being exposed to those temps for a long enough duration.. as long as the paste hasnt been exposed to those extreme conditions then the paste has np.
    i personally think ryder has done enough to cover this issue. it isnt a big deal. i mean really, this doent apply to 99.99% of the peeps out there. im not sure a reformulation would be indicated even if it is repoducable.
    take ryder up on the free tube then go stick it in a snow drift for a day or 2 & see what happens.

4. Judas

99.9% is an absurd number....

even the northern states experience sub 25*C temperatures...... it's not like i'm the only possible person to see this... and i'm not even that bloody far north.

what i would be really interested in is IF the thermal paste would break down in a computer that were stored in such a temperature... and then fired up.... if the thermal paste breaks down even after it's applies (maybe?) which would result in absurd temperatures that i'm constantly reproducing.

There is also another factor.... ignorance, or lack of checking for that matter... it's not like the temperatures right now are getting into the danger zones "for some people".... i've seen alot of prebuilts running 60-70*C which the manufacturers claim as normal. I on the other hand don't accept that, reapply with ultra 5+ and volla... a full 20-30 or more *C drop...

no i've got a concern... and if there is say even 10,000 people out there with a computer that has this paste... that potentially could be a time bomb depending on what's going on..... that's a problem. I personally don't have to worry about it as i refuse to a sell a product that produces these anomolies. The fact that i caught it and then reconfirmed it is a testimate to that.

5. mike2h

mike2h New Member

the thing is judas as far the site goes & ryder from ocz ( i think they would have heard of this problem if other peeps were having same problem) u r the only one with the issue. not saying it didnt happen, its jus that when u r the only known person reporting the problem 99.9% isnt unreaonable.
    judas, until someone else, even just one person, reports the same problem, i think its dead issue. i think it was a good thing to bring it to their(ocz) attention but until another person can replicate your particular problem id let it go. ryder gave u a really nice option, id take him up on it & perform one of your mad hatter experiments. or just order something else.
    anyway im outa here.

6. Judas

here's a shot of what this stuff does... this is my 4th tube... and it just refuses to spread at all.. the moment i touch it.. it starts rolling around into balls... this is me slow putting preasure on it to spread it only a few passes trying to spread it out evenly

It goes from a really nice bright grey and then clumps up into a dark grey waud of crap
    [​IMG]

I'm apparently not alone on this as even this guy doing a review of this stuff had issues.. course doesn't sound like he had THAT big of a problem

obviously OCZ says no spreading necessary... but i've never just applied a bit on the center and went with my gut.... and hoped the preasure would do a good enough job

obviously i'm extremely nervous doing it this way.... as i've pulled off many cpu heatsinks where the thermal paste was applied the same way, and air pockets and whatnot have formed due to any number of reasons.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  7. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Hello. I was just wondering if my OCZ 750W Silencer is compatible with my Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4850X2 1GB GPU? The box on the PSU says SLI Ready, but doesn't state CrossFireX support. Does it matter? Or do I need a new PSU?

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

This PSU uses a single 60 amp 12V rail I would imagine it would be fine. As for Crossfire and SLI it doesn't matter just the available power to the cards. (Just means there are 2 sets of PCI-E power connectors available)

9. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Got it. That rules that out then.

10. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

another thing to take a note of is if your PSU has a 6+2 pin PCI-E connector or not for SLI/x-fire capabilities as many of the newer higher end video cards do require these kinds of connections on top of the single (and original) 6pin PCI-E connector.

if it does, then make sure your cards are properly connected with the appropriate 6pin and/or 8pin power lines.

11. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Yes. It has 2 6 pin and 2 6+2 pin connectors.

12. Judas

should be good to go then ;)

13. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Cool.

14. S3MILOBON

S3MILOBON New Member

hey everyone , i have a question , i have a OCZ AGILITY 3 , running on my SATA 3 port , and im only getting like 180 read and 150 write , but should be getting 500 ish for both
    iv made sure all drivers are ok and up to date , any ideas ??

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Have you tried ATTO benchmark? That's the only tool that will show numbers close to what the manufactures claim.

Oh and this is an old thread, hasn't been active for some time.... Welcome to the forum.

16. S3MILOBON

S3MILOBON New Member

cheers mate and yeah some of the threads are seeming old , but its nice to add :)

17. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Hi and welcome to HH....

Just out of curiosity have you updated the firmware to 2.09...

Im asking as i were told to do so with my 120gb Agility 3 ssd...

Link is Here

If you have not read the link carefully.As you will need to be running windows on a seperate drive.

18. S3MILOBON

S3MILOBON New Member

i have mate yes made the mistake of installing windows to find i could not update the SSD because i was using it lol

and thenx for the welcome :)

also after trying tha ATTO , my ssd is performing better tha HDD tune pro said it was
    after filling it up with e games im getting
    [​IMG]

19. RyderOCZ

RyderOCZ OCZ Staff

Wow, email updates still work :)

What hardware are we working with here? It looks like you have SATAII or a Marvell or Jmicron SATAIII controller.

20. S3MILOBON

S3MILOBON New Member

im using the marvel SATA III mate

i7 930 @4.00GHZ
    gigabyte UD3R rev 2
    GTX 580 watercooled
    6 gig corsair [email protected],600MHZ