audigy 2 on mavericks 10.9

Discussion in 'MAC OS X Driver' started by macman9311, Jan 30, 2014.

1. macman9311

macman9311 New Member

hello can someone help me with the issue of running this card on mavericks 10.9 i tried installing the latest driver from kx project i can see the card in the audio utility but it has no sound i have tried all i can think of but refuses to work if there is a fix for this or if someone can update the drivers because 2009 is quite old im sure many would appreciate it ..i reverted back to mountain lion 10.8.5 to see if the card works on that os it did work ..again if someone can get the audigy 2 working on mavericks please share the knowledge as it would be appreciated thank you

Eugene Gavrilov i thank you for replying to my email and appreciate your hard work people for enabling such a lovely sound card like the audigy to run on a mac :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. macman9311

macman9311 New Member

please someone help ,as i mentioned it works up to 10.8.5 mountain lion but mavericks 10.9 is a no go wont work .....my sound card is a sb 0350 audigy 2 zs ...the driver install i can see it but again no output whatsoever ..

3. forbiddenera

forbiddenera New Member

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of Mavericks on a Hackintosh, installed the driver and it seems to at least detect one of my cards fine. I have an Audigy 2, and an Audigy 2 External both installed.

If Eugene has truly given up, perhaps I will take a look at the source.

4. macman9311

macman9311 New Member

hello and thank you for the replys by everyone kind enough to read and make suggestions.. i think eugene has given up as i personally emailed him and he asked me to check in the forums now either no one cares or have figured out a way of getting the card to work in mavericks and cannot be bothered to show how its done ? no idea but Usename:forbiddenera if you truly can look at the source and figure out why this lovely card with a sb0350 and high quality dsp sound chip shoudnt be working on mavericks? or if you can somehow get it working on mavericks even access the audio control panel like we have in windows to alter the eax settings etc many people would be grateful ...i use mavericks with a 24 bit usb sound card which im not happy with .the sound quality isnt just the same ...i consider the sb0350 audigy sound card more robust ..if you can help with this matter please keep me posted

thank you