BFG 6800GT with 8 pipelines?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Furious1, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Furious1

Furious1 New Member

Ok, this is really weird I just read in a thread below this that a BFG tech told someone that there are un-used pipelines on the 6800GT and Ultra. I also have read in a few places that say "16 pipelines MAX" or "16 pipelines Aviliable" What I want to read is "ALL 16 PIPELINES ARE USED" Well I emailed BFG tech support the other day for something else and this is part of the email I received back.

As far as modding the card and such, im not allowed to give details about any of that. There are plenty of overclocker and modder forums on the web if you are really interested though. And there are a few differences between the GT and the Ultra. Them main difference is the speed. There are also pipelines locked on the GT so there arent as many as the Ultra card, helping the Ultra card to preform better and therefore be worth the extra money. Im not sure why exactly the ultra needs the two outputs as opposed to one.

So now I just want someone to tell me, that like I think, BFG tech support doesnt know what they are doing.....

Bunch of dam secretary's.....

2. markus82

markus82 New Member

Sounds like they do not know the difference between 6800Gt and 6800 non Ultra!

3. MiDKnYtE

MiDKnYtE Caffeine Machine

GTs and Ultras both have 16 pixel pipelines enabled by default. This is nvidia reference spec. If BFG didn't do this, they would be jeopardizing their nvidia certification.

if you still have doubt, you can run rivatuner to see what you really have.

4. shumph

shumph New Member

I have one in my other PC and it has 16 pipelines