Black Panther becomes highest-grossing superhero movie in US

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Black Panther has overtaken The Avengers to become the highest-grossing superhero film at the US box office, taking a total of $630.9m (£443.5m) on its sixth weekend of release. The Avengers – also a Marvel production – finished on $623.4m in its home market in 2012.

The record-breaking result, in which Black Panther added an estimated $16.6m to its previous week’s total of $614.3m, came as it was dethroned from its five-week run as the box office No 1, having been overtaken by monster movie Pacific Rim: Uprising, which managed $28m on its debut.

Black Panther, which as been widely lauded for its diversity as well as its commercial appeal, has overtaken both The Avengers and Star Wars: The Last Jedi to move to No 5 on the all-time list at the US box office. Industry analyst Brad Brevet of Box Office Mojo considers it likely to pass Jurassic World at No 4, and that it has “a shot” at overtaking Titanic, currently at No 3 with $659.4m.

2. center_table

center_table New Member

Yup, the African-American community gone crazy with this Movie. But with all honesty, it was really another amazing movie!

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

while interesting and does flesh out quite a bit.... it falls into the lower tier category of the complete marvel movie series.

4. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I agree with Judas I did enjoy it but I thought it was a weaker film than a lot of the other Marvel ones, the ending with the giant rhinos was a real letdown and to similar to the ending of infinity War , It will join my collection though

5. clubrope

clubrope Member

not anymore, Avengers: Infinity War is now the highest grossing film

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Wish I cared about superhero movies.