Blackberry storm V2 to attack Apple iPhone

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 15, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Research in Motion (RIM) are preparing for a primary attack on the amazingly successful Apple iPhone with the launch of their Storm 2 - aimed for release in the US in November.

The Storm 2 has wi-fi and much improved touch technology with a virtual keyboard when used in vertical mode. It comes supplied with 18GB of ram and has a 3.2MP camera.

This is a slight change of direction for RIM who has always been focused on the business user, but clearly they want a slice of the high end mainstream pie by targeting smartphones that all copy the Apple features. Equally so we assume that business users will not suddenly shift to this new interface system either.

If the idea of this phone appeals to you, check out the specifications over here

Allan Campbell: Heaven Media

Attached Files:

2. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Blackberry phones are neat and sexy , this one looks even better but not good for me , I've had 3 mobiles stolen from me , so I won't gamble and get a big phone this time.My current Nokia 6120c is perfect for me.

3. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

used the storm 1 quite a bit at work, i liked the reception and the ideas are great on paper. feels great. but the software execution feels very rough around the edges, the media player still cant touch the ipod and in reality, suretype slows you down. i dont know, a touchscreen bold or curve is a better idea because they really do have some of the best keyboards, and the touch could be an addition. most blackberry users use it for the type and suretype SURELY slows it down.

4. MitchRapp

MitchRapp a.k.a. pepiman

I simply cannot stand my girlfriend's STORM. The touchscreen is not responsive; the phone acts REALLLLL weird if it's on more than a week so you need to shut it off, remove the battery and reboot it; the reception blows (maybe due to the provider?) and generally it gets annoying since you can easily mis-hit a key and hang up on someone or mute them during a call...

5. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

the pre seems like a better cotender to the iphone, i will never buy another HTC phone though until it becomes premium. had a touch, absolutely garbage. in addition, at bell all the repairs were LG chocolate or htc touch. Samsung instinct is another joke of a phone.