Borderlands 3 Released

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Sep 13, 2019 at 5:34 PM.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

2K Games and Gearbox Software announce that Borderlands 3 is now available worldwide for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The PC edition can be found on the Epic Games Store, bundled with a free copy of the Fortnite Psycho Bundle Pack. They celebrate the news with a new music video featuring a performance from The Heavy along with gameplay footage and A Letter from Borderlands 3's Creative Director. There are apparently some performance issues present upon launch, which are discussed in a Problem/Bug megathread on Reddit where you may find solutions. Here's the presser:

Today, 2K and Gearbox Software are proud to announce that Borderlands® 3, the next installment in the award-winning, genre-defining shooter-looter series, is now available worldwide on PlayStation® 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store.

This release marks the culmination of nearly five years of development and re-establishes the series as a true genre leader, with best-in-class shooting, deeper-than-ever customization, irreverent humor and memorable characters, and intuitive, innovative cooperative multiplayer gameplay. To see the official cinematic launch trailer, please click here.

“There is something special about seeing an idea start and watching that idea go through multiple people who each contribute their effort and their talent to make the idea a reality,” wrote Borderlands 3 Creative Director Paul Sage in an open letter to fans published earlier today. “I cannot stress enough how the team has come together to make sure we have produced a worthy successor to Borderlands 2, but I hope more than just feeling the team’s passion, more than getting to experience the next Borderlands, you get to sit down, laugh a little, and just have a damn good time.”

Early critics agree, Borderlands is back and better than ever. IGN awarded Borderlands 3 a 9/10, noting “its arsenal of fun is unmatched.” Meristation proclaimed the game is “destined to become a classic,” while Shacknews deemed it “an absolute masterpiece.” Destructoid described Borderlands 3 as “a hallmark of excellence,” and USgamer called the game “an absolute blast.”

The franchise, which combines the exhilarating action of a first-person shooter with the rich progression and loot systems of a role-playing game, has sold-in more than 48 million units worldwide to date. The most popular title in the series – Borderlands 2 – still draws in more than one million unique monthly users more than six years after the game’s initial release in 2012.

Borderlands 3 expands and improves many of the key features that made the series a critical and commercial success, while also introducing innovative new concepts to its proven formula, including:

• A Mayhem-Fueled Thrill Ride: The fanatical Calypso Twins have united the bandit clans and are closing in on the galaxy’s ultimate power. Only you, a thrill-seeking Vault Hunter, have the arsenal and allies to take them down. Uncover the rewarding mysteries, memorable inhabitants, and deep lore of the extensive Borderlands narrative universe.
    • Your Vault Hunter, Your Playstyle: Become one of four extraordinary new Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities and playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options.
    • Lock, Load, and Loot: With multiple distinct weapons manufacturers, a revolutionary content generation system, and special legendary drops to uncover, your ever-improving arsenal comes with near-infinite possibilities. Shotguns with bullet shields? Rifles with multiple elemental damage types? SMGs that grow legs and chase down enemies? All of the above!
    • New Borderlands: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy. Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across war-torn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!
    • Quick & Seamless Co-Op Action: With the new “level-sync” system, the experience seamlessly scales for each individual player. That means you can play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress. Plus, when you take down enemies and challenges as a team, “loot instancing” ensures you reap rewards that are yours alone – no one misses out on loot.
    With multiple editions chock-full of digital bonus content, fans can pick the loot-splosion that’s right for them: the Borderlands 3 Standard Edition is available for $59.99 and includes the base game. The Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition is available for $79.99 and includes the base game, as well as the following bonus digital content: Retro Cosmetic Pack, Neon Cosmetic Pack, Gearbox Cosmetic Pack, Toy Box Weapon Pack, and XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods.

Finally, the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition is available for $99.99 and includes all the bonus digital content of the Deluxe Edition plus the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes: four (4) campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges; Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod. Please note that starting September 17, 2019, the digital version of Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition will update to the full MSRP of $119.99.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am still burned out from the first game.

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I have to admit.. 1st and 2nd one I loved. It was the Pre-sequel that did me in. I just.. hated that game.

There's also... something off about the game. It doesn't flow right from what I've seen. Movement, for instance, seems slow. If feels almost rail like. As if the world is moving but you aren't, yet they trick you into thinking you are moving with weapon bob, and the sound of footsteps. Even vehicles appear to move the same... slow. Your movement... your pace is wrong compared to the world around you.

Think I'll pass on this for a while. Too much else coming out. Gears 5 and NHL 20 is out now. Destiny 2: Shadow Keep on Tuesday, Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch is this Friday, GR: Breakpoint in 2 weeks.. yeah.. wait until it's cheaper.

4. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

The game does suffer from stuttering issues.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/bord...es-and-here-is-how-you-can-minimize-fix-them/

5. Tipstaff

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Borderlands 1 was a bit tough... it wasn't well refined and a bit dull.... however with the remaster it was massively improved, specially with the visual elements actually fixed for PC (such as proper FOV support and resolution/widescreen support) among many others, I actually thoroughly played through the first borderlands when i got the remaster. It at launch (not the remaster) was quite rought around the edges in terms of performance too...

Borderlands 2 at launch was kind of a iffy bit, Though in most cases it did seem to perform best on ATI hardware at the time, nvidia was kind of in their slump too with driver and hardware (fermy burning down the house).

Looking at the problems for BL3, it appears that the vast majority of user problems are nvidia graphics card holders for stuttering and other such.

But the biggest failing users are making and REVIEWERs are stupid enough to do, is believing that their systems should just run the game at ultra across the board without any failings.... Knock shit down a peg.... this game isn't a graphically simple thing to render at all, and that what 2-10% difference in visual fedelity is more for people down the road MUCH like borderlands 2 was at launch, people with the highest end graphics cards and systems couldn't sustain high frame rates and experience similar kind of erratic performance.... but like most crybaby people these days love to try and make idiotic comparisons without any understanding or knowledge of what they are actually comparing it to.

Now i'm not discounting the fact that there are certainly some glaring bugs in the game and should be improvements made, but thus far, it does look like BL3 at least on AMD's cards right now, with everything set at around a notch below ultra, plays beautifully.

BL1 pre remaster was interesting but hard to get through on story alone and like most games much akin to mass effect 1, requires so perseverance.
    BL1 Post Remaster was like stepping into BL2 and easy and enjoyable to get through, just vastly superior GUI changes and objective tackling, massive improvement.
    BL2 was mostly a joyride the whole way through with fantastic humour and story
    BL PreSequel while appealing, it's lack of environments and it's story arc was reminded me of BL1 and felt like more of a struggle to continue playing throughout.

BL3 so far outside of some clearly initial birthing issues, seems like it'll be just as good, but like most things in terms of games thesedays, appears to have been pulled out of the oven a little too quickly, but at least they kept basically everything that was good in BL2 in BL3....

I think the VAST majority of the complaints i see from people is that BL3 plays and feels mostly like BL2.... which i'd like to say, how in the fuck is that even a bad thing? How apeshit would people be and i'd say for good measure if they wildly changed things sufficiently enough that people couldn't say it was like BL2? I know people were RIGHTFULLY pissed off about other games that made wild changes breaking or removing things that were greatly appreciated about the prior game. There was a ton of things they did right in BL2.. tons..

7. Calliers

I've never liked Borderlands games. For some reason they just don't grab me.

8. Tipstaff

I never liked the cell shading and black lines. Made me nauseous. Turned them off by altering one of the ini files, and everything was fine after that.

9. Calliers

Yup, the art, the way the graphics looks are one of my biggest gripes, didn't know you could change that.

10. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

it's a unique artistic style which i actually can appreciate... it's not half assed.

11. Calliers

I don't doubt that it took skill to create. I just said it wasn't for me.

Edit: Btw for those that have the game, apparently on console you should use resolution mode.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019 at 6:28 AM