BSOD in UT ctaudfx.sys ctoss2k.sys

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Audigy Series' started by 7s.Kambei, Oct 10, 2011.

1. 7s.Kambei

7s.Kambei New Member

Hello.
    I had encountered with problem in PAX Driver 2.60 and audigy 1 (platinum, old series) when playing in Unreal Tournament, map "CTF november", but this never happens before with you driver in this game (but not on this map)
    Ut patched from sources of Unreal 227 to use new render and audio driver OpenAL with FMOD, patch from oldunreal.
    I dont have "Alchemy" and never used this for games like that, because adding game in alchemy has no effect on sound
    If some additional information was needed let me know
    Here is screenshot from BlueScreenView
    NT6.1 32b

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Sorry man Creative clams audigy cards are dead time for upgrade T cards are getting ver cheap you can find one under 100 bucks or 150 bucks now with I/O Drive bay.

3. 7s.Kambei

7s.Kambei New Member

Maybe I need to buy X-Fi Gamer or something like this but for what? Only for new drivers? As I understand NT 6.1 have very crappy audio core without any hardware sound/FX/Features support, so new sound card do nothing for that ugly OS. After googling that .sys files, I found what X-Fi Gamer users have same problem with bsods
    I know, latest 2_18_0017 is latest for 1-4 series, but under nt 5.1 I never have problem with bsods like that, maybe some windows update can help? And I dont think it was you driver problem, but maybe I need to try 2.18.0017?
    Also I always thinking what you drivers for Audigy 1-4 series was "fresh" or you just modify it only for some cards?

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I will updated all drivers soon with newer tweaks some older sets are last on my list :)

5. 7s.Kambei

7s.Kambei New Member

Îòâåò: BSOD in UT ctaudfx.sys, ctoss2k.sys

After installing 2.18.0017 version of creative official driver and adding UT app in "Creative Alchemy" problem was gone, maybe first bsod it's just a... accident, I don't know
    Anyway thanks for your updates, we hope and wait :)