[Bug] Driver Cleaner deleting registry for Crossbar filters

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by Geekfox, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Geekfox

Geekfox New Member

I found out that Driver Cleaner is deleting CLSID registry for streaming Crossbar filters for capture devices. I only used Driver Cleaner twice and it happened on both cases (clearing out Nvidia drivers and ATI drivers).

When the registry is deleted, tuner devices cannot start and I cannot add Crossbar filters using GraphEdit/GraphStudio. Reinstalling Hauppauge HD-PVR drivers did not restore the functionality. I had to manually re-add the registry to get the filters to work again.

Content of the deleted registry:

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{71F96460-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}]
    @="%Filter_XBar%"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{71F96460-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}\InprocServer32]
    @="ksxbar.ax"
    "ThreadingModel"="Both"
    Operating system:
    Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (Builld 6002) 64-bit

Logs attached.

Attached Files:

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

I will look into it, but the thing is that the ATI and nVidia WDM drivers use those keys also. But it is not a bug, because in the help file there is a warning, "Do NOT use the ATI WDM or nVidia WDM cleaning filters when you have an tv tuner card installed."

Will check if i can add another check tp the keys. Best for now is not to select the WDM filters if you have a tuner card installed.