Cannot decode Dolby digital with creative x-fi titanium.[Win 7 x64]

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Vincs, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You need enable Encorder box one of them get sound in to work.

2. Robert McClelland

Yup that true you do need drive bay to make it work then it won't be grey out.

3. MarianoVilla

MarianoVilla New Member

Hi poeple i'm new. I have a similar problem but i'll get to that later. I also have an xbox 360 and it works with digital IN on my x fi titanium card, but it works in 2.1. I use the XFI CMSS 3D to redirect the sound to my other 5.1 speakers (this means it's a 2.1 signal but it's better than nothing).

My problem is that I want to watch HD channels on my TV with "Dolby Digital +" as so it says on my tv, to be able to play through my pc speakers... I have no problem with normal channels because they have a normal stereo signal. But I think my problem is te same as the others and that it has no solution. If I could just transform that 5.1 signal into 2.1 it would be great!

4. pradecki

pradecki New Member

I have this same problem with 2 other X-Fi cards in x64 Win7. I have the XtremeMusic and Elite Pro. Both of them have the hardware DD/DTS decoders builtin, both of them show the option for decoding in the creative control panel console. I have tried hooking up optical cable out of my cable box and also out of PS3 into the sound cards, the card can read optical stereo signal from both just fine but when i set the audio output to either DD or DTS the creative console says unknown signal and doesn't play anything back to the speakers. Its really annoying because the creative website driver 2.18.0013 specifically says that it supports DD and DTS decoding for Win7 and yet it still doesn't work. Frustrating because I have Audigy 2ZS Notebook in WinXP and it works like a champ decoding DD and DTS from PS3 and from my cable box. I really dont want to have to run XP on my HTPC just because stupid driver problem.

Anyone have any suggestions or actually successfully get ANY X-Fi card to decode DD or DTS in Win7?

5. Robert McClelland

Creative Wereldwijde Ondersteuning
    Creative Wereldwijde Ondersteuning
    ^^
    titanium only this what you need.

6. Robert McClelland

There is creative sheet shows which cards cna do DD and DTS for free. Worst case you may have buy encoder do your ps3 with. www.buysoundblaster.com

7. cmallory183

cmallory183 New Member

I fought with this issue with an X-Fi Elite Pro for the longest time, no matter what drivers I used including Daniel K's, Creative, MS, and even the PAX set (which is still by far the best). I, like many others, was trying to input a 5.1 signal via SPDIF on the external box and could never get any sound at all...maybe a crackle every once in a while.

Finally one day I came across a file called 2_18_0013_X-Fi_DD_DTS_Fix.rar and it solved everything. Google the file and replace the files it tells you to. In the Audio Control Panel, you should now have a tab called Decoder. On that tab, select "Use built-in decoder" and give it a shot. I now have my Xbox 360 with full Dolby output (not Dolby stereo) going to my X-Fi with perfect surround sound.

Note - even with the PAX drivers I have tried and still run, I still always have to reapply this fix each time I install new PAX drivers. It doesn't seem to matter that the fix version number (2_18_0013) is older than the newest drivers since it still re-enables the Dolby decoding properly. Hope this helps.

As a precautionary notice, backup all files in the folder before replacing them in case this fix does not work for you.

8. Robert McClelland

Ya I can't used that unlock I get trouble with creative but you can used as your own risk ;)

9. cmallory183

cmallory183 New Member

I had a feeling that may be the case, and since you make the best drivers around, keep doing what you're doing. I just wanted to post the work-around that seems to work the best but not always easy to find.

10. Vincs

Vincs New Member

Is this compatible with Win7 x64 ? I will try but I think I already have.

If yes, which version of the driver did you use ?

Thanks anyway !

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  11. cmallory183

cmallory183 New Member

@Vincs - PM'd

Yes, it is compatible with Win7 x64. I'm not by the pc that has it installed at the moment, but you should be able to search for an existing file that is named ctp046aw.dat and that will be the folder to copy the modded files into. Just remember to reboot after pasting the files for it to take effect.

12. Vincs

Vincs New Member

I've done it and it doesn't work for me :(
    Don't know why, I'm using version 3.25.

13. rcjonessnp175

rcjonessnp175 New Member

Were was the folder that you had to copy these files, as my search did not find them. Also i have xfi titanium like you guys but without the i/o front panel, i take it this fix made it work even without it correct? Appreciate the help in advance as this is a real bugger to fix.

14. Robert McClelland

Hey guys I'm going rebuilds set soon I been testing testing I think found right place plus mic working too :D.

15. brunty_warwick

brunty_warwick New Member

Hey! I have the creative x-fi titanium champion series complete with front panel and yet i still cannot select a digital decoder option! What the hell is going on!

16. Robert McClelland

You need installed DDL and DTS from the driver that why.

17. brunty_warwick

Yh thats been done, have the ddl and dts options for the encoder but the decoder options are still greyed out!

18. Robert McClelland

You have power hook up to I/O drive bay? You may need reformated windows 7 with card in.

19. brunty_warwick

Is there a seperate power cable for the front panel? I have the digital and analogue cables plugged in to the sound card from the front bay! The bay is working fine! What to you mean by re formatting Windows?

20. Robert McClelland

If cards new you have reformated whole hard drive then used freash drivers Sometimes if you have older card in your system. It have annoying problems like your having. It's good have clean OS installed on hard drive with card in.