Can't grasp LineIn recording / volume

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaamaan, May 3, 2016.

1. Shaamaan

Shaamaan New Member

I'm using kX to have my guitar POD audio out hooked up into my Audigy. Normally I don't use it - I have a full-blown guitar amp for actual guitar practise. But I wanted to have the option to play using headphones during night hours, and I don't like the idea of having to reconnect my headphones from my PC to my POD all the time... so that's why it's there.

Unfortunately, I can't grasp why some things are happening the way they are.

First things first, the AC97 recording mixer tab:
    [​IMG]
    And the DSP:
    [​IMG]

A short reasoning for why the DSP is set up the way it is: I want to have a basic 2-speaker output duplicated on the physical Audigy outputs. One's for actual speakers and one's for headphones. I used to have one extra output in use for TV, but that's no longer the case (it's still in the DSP tho).

What I would like to achieve - I'd like to be able to control the LineIn recording and playback volumes separately.

Unfortunately, if I mute the LineIn input on the AC97 page then I can neither hear nor record the LineIn. If I unmute it, then I'll always hear it via the speakers - which isn't what I may always want.

So, how do I mute the LineIn on the speakers without disabling it completely and having it available for recording purposes?