CivCity: Rome

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Markius, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Markius

Markius New Member

new game from firaxis/firefly, its kind of an RTS but with tons more S :D
    if you liked games like Caesar,Civ IV,stronghold etc, you should like this.
    i am only just getting into the military side of it :evil:
    so far i am enjoying the game big time :)

here is some info from Gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civcityrome/index.html?q=civcity

2. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

There is already a Review from Gamespy and also a lot of opinions in several forums

The game has some very ugly bugs and the camera is bad
    and graphics are really outdated

I will wait Caesar IV if i am going to buy a Ancient City building\Management game, it will have some war tactics also building defensive walls to protect your city from barbarians etc and surely way better graphics from Civcity

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  3. Markius

Markius New Member

i think the graphics side of the game is quiet good, once you get into the game a bit and start getting some of the high end buildings, it looks really nice.

as for the bugs, yes ive noticed quiet a few, more annoying than game breaking though

4. Markius

Markius New Member

after playing the game for some time and really getting nearly everything the game has to offer (on the city/trade side, only done a few military missions and havent "opened" more than one unit yet) id say from a couple of the reviews ive read that the person reviewing it didnt play it very much, or just sucked at the genre :D

id have to say it is similar to ceasar 3 (wich in itself was awesome) if i had to pick one game it is closest to, but it has more to it that that golden oldie had to offer. each individual person is an actual person who you can watch work, go home, sleep, buy olive oil, meat, beds, go to church etc etc,actually watch them do each step of thier job, so cool :D

i am actually suprised how much i am playing this tbh