Cleaning ATI HDMI Audio Drivers - Should I?

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by MANGUSTO, Oct 3, 2007.

1. MANGUSTO

MANGUSTO Guest

Well, I'm gonna install new Omega Drivers based on Catalyst 7.9.1 (FIX) and of course I'm gonna use Driver Cleaner for cleaning but here's my problem: I've a Radeon Sapphire HD 2600 XT so I've installed Official ATI Catalyst driver 7.9 and also ATI HDMI Audio drivers, my question is: should I uninstall ALSO the ATI HDMI Audio drivers before installing new Omega Drivers, or I can keep it? And If I can keep it, when I'll clean system with Driver Cleaner with multiple filter for all ATI entries is possible that ATI HDMI Audio driver will be corrupted or something? I think not because there is no entry in Driver Cleaner about that driver but who knows...

I'm waiting forward for an answer, thank you :)

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

You can leave the ati hdmi audio installed and use All ATI except for ATI IGP. I am also looking at making a filter for the ATI HDMI Audio.

3. MANGUSTO

MANGUSTO Guest

Well, so if I'll uncheck ATI IGP during cleaning it'll only affect ATI HDMI Audio driver, right? I don't risk to leave unnecessary data of other ATI drivers?

4. Spike

Now the ATI IGP is only to clean ati motherboard chipset drivers and it could remove drivers from other motherboard chipset drivers. So only select that when you want to clean ati motherboard chipset drivers.

5. MANGUSTO

MANGUSTO Guest

Ok got it :)

Anyway something strange happened even if it doesn't seems to be a real problem, here it is: after uninstalling Catalyst and reboot in safe mode, when I clean with DC there are some entries that always appear everytime I run DC, also after reboot, and here they are:

<<<< ATI >>>>
    Registro Eliminato HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER
    Registro Eliminato HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART
    Registro Eliminato HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER
    Registro Eliminato HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART
    Registro Eliminato HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER
    Registro Eliminato HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART

Entries for other filters are ok, they doesn't re-appear.

Is it a problem?

Thanks

6. Spike

Hi,

that is not a problem. Those keys are locked by windows and programs can't remove those. You could only delete those manually by setting the permission and then deleting them. But normally it doesn't give a problem when you leave those.

7. MANGUSTO

MANGUSTO Guest

I regolary use CCleaner and WinXP Manager for systema cleaning so I pay particular attention to cleaning, tell me the way to delete them if you think they can create problems, also probably.

8. MANGUSTO

MANGUSTO Guest

No news about ATI HDMI Audio Driver filter? :D