COMPETITION: WHO has the fastest Rig on Driverheaven?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

Heh, don't let OPPAINTER see this thread . . . :eek:

2. snuffy

snuffy Just one of the many.

HEHE..that dudes system is way to fast....fastest A64 system in '03. 9623...sick fast. Cpu and VPU running -50 or more...crazy. That why I want a dual cascade phase-change setup...so I can run with the big dogs. Only Macci has him beat with a P4EE and only by 100 points.

3. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

there's a new score added today, over 10,000, but I think it's fake . . . .

4. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

Very nice scores........but they have sites that cater to people with exotic systems for scoring. I think the DH avatar contest was designed to show what our members can do with hard work and patience. Sort of a level of achievment for the average enthusiast, that being alot of members here on DH.

5. Driver 7

Driver 7 Discombobulated NVidiot

Well I think it's all over. As close as I have come in the last couple of weeks of getting the high score after the last year I guess, of running benchmarks, upgrading, Learning about system tweeks and O/S settings, and trying hard to get there seems as though I have reached my peak.
    After I destroyed windows AGAIN last week, I woke up yesterday having reformatted hard drives, a fresh windows Install, The new drivers I recieved last week installed, and nothing else installed except for Powerstrip and the 3Dmark Suite that I finally broke down and paid for last week. I thought this might be the day. With everything being so perfect I was off to put the Icing on the cake and install a heatsink on my southbridge. Oh man I could just about break down and cry right now. So once I got the heatsink on I figgured I should clean the thing cuz it had been a few months and was starting to look a bit rough. So I drained all the fluids, and re did all the wiring and re ran the hoses and got it all perfect. It accually took me like 8 hours do a full system clean up. Then when It was all good I grabbed a coke and a smoke and was comming after wildchild and Kakarot. Pressed the power button and no post. Messed arround with it for a while. And no post. Dismanteled the whole thing and I could not even get the board to beep. I Fried my Mobo. I dont really know how. I think It is probally from condensation as I have had my temps down to the single digits on somedays. Looks like the board is rusting in a couple of spots. That was no biggie. I went out this morning and replaced it. Got it all installed and Cool It posted. But the screen looked funny. The only thing I had not done a supercleaning on was my Videocard. So I took of the waterblock and the heatsink compound. Cleaned it up and applied new ceramique. filled and bled it's water And now after I got past post the screen had lines down it and I knew then it was all over. I removed the card and found a resistor off the card lying on the bottom of the case. There are a couple missing to. I have had most of them soddered back on allready but It's not 100% yet. I'm not sure it will be. I'm so ticked. I'm always so carefull I dunno how I could have done that. anyhow. goodluck guys. I'm out of the race till I buy a new GPU.

6. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

That really sux dude. :tears:

7. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

Damn bud, im sorry to here about it...all the hard work, time, money and now this happens...Damn that really sucks...:( :( :(

8. Driver 7

Man I dunno which sux worse. The fact I toasted my card or the fact all I have for a back up is an MX440 till I replace it. It's such a bad time to cuz it's almost time for new releases. To buy a good card now would be a complete waist of flo but it's to far away to be stuck using this.

9. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

Yep, i guess its time to change to Ati....;)

10. Driver 7

HaHa. I Dunno. I went to london Drugs tonight and looked at the 98ooXT I think it was. Hella Expensive for a short term card. But If Nvidia fans everywhere stop supporting them they will never be ontop again. But I'm starting to weigh my options and I think my sanity might just be more important than Nvidia's success. And hey. I AM CANADIAN. I should indeed be supporting Canadian Companies.

11. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

Looks like we have a new P4 record holder!!:D Congrats Cartman:D

12. G@MeBoY

[email protected] makes your mouse tremmble!

hmmm....

wouldn't it be just nice to implement BLOODY MONEY limits !!! I mean, not everyone has 2000$ spare for accidental mobo fries, gpu burns and vapochill, now do we ?! how about best in 800$ range (or euros) and best above 800$ ?! I mean, lot of us have AMD's XP2000+ that run @2400MHz AIR cooled and have payed less than 500$ for the rig that is faster than someones p4 2.4 watercooled @3Ghz ...get real, that "fastest self contained system" is built by sponsores, and assembled ,with off course, someones great knowledge, but lot of us can assemble that also, JUST give us the components :))) So it's not snuffys rig is it ? It's "some guy won it"'s rig...After that, snuffy is stuck with slower rig then many here, wearing "AMD No1" avatar, how cool...(I dont really care for avatar) I'll assemble a rig in computer store I work in, post benches, deassemble the rig, BUT IT'S NOT mine, nor can I affoard it ! $#%

13. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I appreciate your comments - and I can see your overclock is pretty hefty for such a starting point, but snuffy is still a member here he built the machine and regardless of whether the rig passes onto someone else, he still posted the scores and at the time he posted them they were valid - if we start implementing ownership checks into machines after periods of time then that brings another dimension into this whole side issue. Your comment for having different classes is a nice idea it has been brought up before and is a much better overall concept as people could be competitive without feeling they had no chance compared to a $4000+ system. I would like to implement that myself but we dont have the resources to continually update the various classes of rigs and for someone to keep a track on everyones submissions in a forum thread would be a full time job.

I will look into some kind of database system for scoring in the future as to how I go about it, im still thinking about.

14. snuffy

I agree with the idea of classes and understand the difficulty. Also how do you base the value as price constantly drop? A 4000.00 system a year ago would cost noticably less now to repoduce. Who would be the person to choose what class a system fell into?

As for the system I use today....yes that system was given away but I built two of them. The second one is mine. It is slower as I did not put the peltier cooling on it (Thinking about phase-change....) but it is still a FX 51 @ 2.5 GHZ and a OCed 9800XT.

Maybe a class based on CPU types? Athlon XP, Athlon 64, P4, P4 EE, Celeron, Etc. If you want to be a big dog and buy the fastest part this week for a class fine but as prices drop you might get beat by a $99 cpu later. It could be like 24 hr Daytona race. Different classes with an overall winner and a winner for each class. In the history of the Daytona race there has been races that have been won overall by a slower class car. I would think it was funny to have someone with a Athlon XP beat my system. (No cheating ;) ) I have seen shots of some guys running them at 3 GHZ which is amazing.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  15. G@MeBoY

[email protected] makes your mouse tremmble!

well

dont forget that this is suppose to be fun ! Thats all there is to it, and it's not fun seeing someone has a 4000$ rig and you dont :D My suggestion for classes is like I said, money limit. If something costs 800$ today, and 300$ after a few months, it's not a problem because everithing up to 800$ (dont take this for granted, just a reper) it is considered affordeballe (dont know how to spell this, english is not my native lng.) and thus competitive in future or past. Eliminations of too many users can be set like this: MINIMUM CPU score in (for instance) PCMark2002 is 7500, min memory score 7000, and etc. Of course AMD-Intel divided. No need, IMO, to divide athlon64/FX and P4 3.2extreme, you cant squeeze thoese in 800$ ( 800$ includes WHOLE system, not just CPU, "whole" would be: mobo,cpu,cooling,ram,hdd,psu,graphic card). Thats my suggestion, should be worked out to some details of course. To snuffy: Great rig man, you are hardlly going to be beaten by XP because of memory scores that FX makes. With XP, 5gb bandwith with RAM is hardlly reached, not to mention 6GB that you can have (or have allready) . To Zardon: Thanks for looking into this, I really appreciate it. Cheers everyone, don't forget, this is supposed to be fun !

16. Down1oader

Down1oader New Member

17. HardwareHeaven

Aquamark link isnt working.

strange set of results too, over 7000 in 3dmark03 and under 18k in 3dmark01? your cpu is powerful enough going by pcmark02, seems you should be getting way more in 01. and 54k in aquamark?

18. snuffy

I was wondering the same thing....that 01 score seemed off.....:hmm:

As for the HD score that is about right for a non-raid single 7200 RPM IDE HD.

19. Down1oader

Down1oader New Member

20. HardwareHeaven

7600 GFX score in aquamark 3 for an FX 5900????? :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.