Console Launcher says "There are no supported audio device available." Please help.

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Dan T., Jul 4, 2010.

1. MainError

MainError New Member

Re: Console Launcher says "There are no supported audio device available." Please hel

I registered specifically to thank you Robert McClelland. I have an Audigy SE on Windows 7 and I botched my control panel somehow, couldn't detect the soundcard anymore even though my pc could. After installing your PAX Console it started to work again! And how ridiculous that reinstalling drivers wont fix that?

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: Console Launcher says "There are no supported audio device available." Please hel

Some times you have reinstalled once while if you have issues :) np.

3. hokella

hokella New Member

Start->Run type services.msc windows audio service is probably stopped. right click and start it. that's all

4. Releak

Releak New Member

I just purchased a Creative X-fi Titanium HD to upgrade from an XtremeAudio. I am on Windows 7 64bit, and I am getting the message

"There are no supported audio device available."

when trying to run the Creative console launcher. None of all the software that was meant for the card is working. Absolutely nothing.

First I deleted all that had to do with the old XtremeAudio card except the driver. I took out the old card, and inserted the TiHD in the same slot. Upon booting to the desktop Windows 7 installs the drivers and makes the new card work.

I hereby follow all the instructions in the manual from the package to install all the drivers and software meant for the card. Sound is working, but I'm getting the message

"There are no supported audio device available"

when trying to run the Creative console launcher. I go to their website and download the latest drivers and software, but that did not work. I run over and over the progress again and again, also without using anything on the CD from the package. I then try to delete anything that has to do with Creative drivers by using Driver Sweeper 3.0, and delete all software with my Revo Uninstaller Pro (been using that all along), and start over, but with no luck.

Seems I keep getting that error no matter what I do.

The driver for the card seems to have been working all along, and hasn't looked wierd at any point in time.

http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/967847eb1be.jpg/

However, when installing the driver either from the CD or their website it says this upon booting to the desktop;

http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/967850f6ff7.jpg/

I Googled it and most seem to claim that application is not important, and can be disabled. I did also try the PAX version 1.10 and that didn't work either.

This is so incredibly frustrating, and I wrote to their support now awaiting a reply. I specifically went for that card because I heard it would run on Windows 7 no problem. GRRRR!

If it turns out a re-installation of th OS may be necessary I'm damn well going to ask the retailer for my money back, and make this the last purchase I've ever done from Creative, and I've bought a lot of stuff. It would require an almost endless time of hours to re-install the OS, and all the programs that I'm running. It would be a disaster.

5. Robert McClelland

You may need installed official drivers before installing mine. You may need formated with sound card in.

6. Releak

Releak New Member

I did install all official drivers before trying yours. Neither worked. I may need formated with sound card in? Sorry can you re-phrase that or? I don't understand.

I should try bring out the card, delete everything, pop it back in and see if that helps?

7. Robert McClelland

Ya try another slot make sure your onboard disable and video card sound also.

8. Releak

Releak New Member

I have no other slot available to try. I have only got one slot, and my XtremeAudio worked fine in it.

I'm gonna head out to the Creative forums too, and see if anyone knows... Or rather, I know that nobody knows... But just to get my frustration out. Creative crap...

9. Robert McClelland

Hate tell you xteme audio kinda carp ;).

10. Whiner

Whiner New Member

Hello Robert :) I'm having trouble with getting rid of all the Creative files. :duh:
    I removed it through device management, after that I ran CCleaner, and then Driver Sweeper within safemode, but I noticed that Driver Sweeper can still find dozens of .DLL and some other files, when I do a Creative Analyse.
    I had the same issue with working sound, but the programs wont execute because it cant detect the device. So my 5.1 Roccat Kave is not working properly. :duh:
    Anyway, I used the XFI Supportpack 2. But aiming to try your drivers out instead, but I just want to clean the system first.
    Can you guide me through this issue perhaps? :bleh:
    Btw my sound card is the Fatal1ty XtremeGamer Pro, but a CD and a external soundblaster did not follow with it.

Thanks upfront.
    Best Regards Whiner :rolleyes:

11. Robert McClelland

Delete old drivers off hard drive used driver cleaner it's worth ten bucks for it. Then delete old creative folder if you can. Then installed Pax PCI XFI all os v4.60. reboot then reinstalled Master suite 2.05 Make sure you used reg fixer if you can. before installing new drivers after u delete creative off your hard drive.

12. Whiner

Whiner New Member

I already removed all the Programs connected to Creative through CCleaner so atleast I'm already that far in the process, I will delete the Creative folder manually and run the "reg fixer" through CCleaner, that's within CCleaner right? I already ran that, but If that's the one,I will just run it again, since it wont harm cleaning up the registry mess ;)
    Thanks so far!

13. Robert McClelland

Yup CC cleaner is fine too :)

14. Whiner

Whiner New Member

hehe, I ended up deleting all the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ . files that Driver sweeper seem to notice, manually! Since CCleaner didn't help me, during that procedure.
    However I think I might have deleted one or two wrong files which nearly had the same name as the files I were supposed to delete, but I have not noticed any difference on my system, so I believe I'll be fine ;) Might be the correct files, since I did a analyse to keep track on which I were missing.
    So, back to installing drivers. I'll give you a notice when I've done that and how it works :)

15. Whiner

Whiner New Member

That went rather quick, however my system is not recognising the audio device within device management now, its labeled as multimediasoundcard (translated directly from Danish, I apologise ), so I believe its not connected or supported with your drivers?

EDIT: No wonder it didn't cooperate up with my card, I installed the wrong drivers ;) Probably the package for PCI-E
    Your driver packages works flawlessly without any hassle at all!

You should seriously sell your versions to Creative!
    Thanks a bunch, for a perfect solution compared to Creatives silly slackiness.
    They owe you big time!
    Or well, I Owe you big time, like many other out there! :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  16. Releak

Releak New Member

Just in case anyone has got problems with the Titanium HD like I did. This was a response directly from Creative support. However, I did a re-install of the OS to make my card work.

* Make sure to log on to your windows account as the administrator before doing further actions.

* Uninstall our driver, software using the steps previously advised to you. Reboot and shutdown your machine.

* Take out the soundcard and boot your windows normally without the device. Keep your onboard soundcard disabled at this point.

* After logging on to Windows, try to clean out Window temp directory after doing some uninstallation. Click on My Computer>Organize Tab>Folder and Search Options>View Tab>Show Hidden Files>Apply Click on Local Disk>Users>Username>App Data>Local>Temp

* Run your registry cleaner to remove all the invalid links, files and components residing in your system. Reboot and shutdown your PC at once.

* Move the X-Fi soundcard back to any available slot and as soon as Windows detects a new hardware during the process, cancel the automatic prompt.

* At this point, any firewall, anti-spyware or antivirus programs which are running in the background should be disabled temporarily.

* Let your Windows rest for few seconds before inserting the original installation CD.

* Run the setup and choose full install among the available options. When installation is complete reboot your PC as normal.

17. Legas

Legas New Member

Îòâåò: Console Launcher says "There are no supported audio device available." Please

they forgot to mention disabling internet, coz windows will automatically try to download limited drivers from MS

18. jgf

jgf New Member

I have a similar problem except I also have no sound. Card is X-Fi Fatal1ty Extreme Gamer Pro which has worked flawlessly on my Vista 32 SP2 system for two years. About two months ago, after a Vista "update", I had no sound; device manager said no drivers were installed, when I tried to reinstall or update the drivers Vista said the best drivers were already installed. I uninstalled all Creative software, ran DriverSweeper, d/ld and installed software and drivers again. Things seemed back to normal.

Yesterday morning the sound was fine, returned a couple of hours later (system is rarely shut down, I hate those interminable Vista restarts) and the sound was horrid - bass seemed boosted several dB and highly distorted. Checked all settings, everything normal; activated the EQ and lowered the bass, had little effect on level and none on distortion. Went to the control console speaker setting to change from 4.1 to 2.1, as soon as I clicked 2.1 on the menu the system locked up.

Powered down and restarted. No sound now and device manager has a "Code 10" on the X-Fi, trying to update or install drivers gets the "best drivers are installed" message. There is also now a "High Definition Audio Device" listed there that wasn't present before, if I remove it Vista immediately reinstalls it. Hovering the cursor over the system tray volume control tells me it's using an HDMI output device; that is also what's listed in CP>sound (with no other options). Use Creative AutoUpdate to reinstall software, restart, no sound, "Code 10" still in device manager, and no Creative software will run - "no supported device found".

Removed everything again, ran DriverSweeper again. Restarted, Vista installs the "High Definition Audio Device" again. Download Creative drivers again, they refuse to install - "no supported device detected". Remove everything again, d/l and install different driver package. Disable "High Definition Audio Device".

Now the system tray volume control shows Creative SB X-Fi again, device manager lists the X-Fi normally and "working properly", CP>sound lists output as Creative 2-spkr, input as "what you hear". All graphic indicators (spkr test, Adobe Audition, etc.) show sound is present. But there's still no sound from the speakers and the only Creative software present is the console, which refuses to run - "no supported device detected".

I've been up all night cursing at this, have read literally dozens of threads, to no avail. This site seems more knowledgeable than most, so I post here.

19. Whiner

Whiner New Member

Let me just check vista's settings for you, I think I can help you out on that :) However I'm experiencing the same thing atm, since I had some issues with my ram and removed the battery for a couple of seconds, my BIOS went back to default. So Realtek Driver etc reinstalled automaticly. I can get my sound working If I delete everything related to Realtek with CCleaner and Driver Sweeper & restart, but the crap just installs again.
    The trick is to disable onboard within BIOS or deactivate Windows to automatic install missing drivers.
    I did that on my system, but atm I can't delete Realtek High Definiton audio with CCleaner, I have to remove it in Device Management and run Driver Sweeper to get rid of it.
    And there is no sound at all, if I disable onboard sound within BIOS (It never worked that way).
    But try find your way into Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System-settings -> Hardware - > Device Settings etc. Disable windows auto update ... and see if that works for you :) (Keep in mind I quickly noted the entry down on my Windows 7, but I'll update it soon since I have a vista machine on my right ;) )
    However, I could use some help on my own, since I do not wish to reinstall everything again atm. Because I know it works, when I get rid of Realteks onboard annoying drivers ;)
    Oh yea, I'm lazy! haha
    Wish you the best on that issue JGF, its a awesome soundboard!

20. jgf

jgf New Member

Well, after half a dozen more driver installs, some manual, some via AutoUpdate, I have sound again. But none of the Creative software runs; it all installs but gives the "no supported device detected" message when I try to start it. Also found that now if I plug or unplug anything (speakers, mikes, amps, etc.) from the X-Fi while windows is running, the card loses (mutes, kills, whatever) the output. Sound is still being processed by the system - VU meters, spkr test indicators, etc. all show signal is present - but there's nothing from the output jacks. Must restart Vista to clear this. Previously I could connect and disconnect things all day with no problems. (Wish my old Audigy 2 was Vista compatible, it has the Firewire panel and remote control ...and never gave such problems.)