Convert CD's to go onto a Samsung s8 (Micro sd Card)

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by MIG-31, Jul 18, 2018.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

I have ditched the iPhone a couple of weeks ago, its taking a little time to get used to Android 8 on a Samsung Galaxy s8..

So I am not sure on what is the best utility or app to convert CD's to my pc and be able to transfer over to what I would prefer to go onto the 128gb micro sd card... to keep the phone memory as clear as possible.

But I want it to transfer all album artwork also, Windows media Player will sync some art work but not all of them do so. I just want to keep all my music to be nice and tidy..

2. MIG-31

Bump: Not far from 24 hours and no help ?

3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Sorry, I didn't post earlier because I didn't think I had anything eyeopening.

Recently (over the last 3-4 years), I've only ripped 3 CDs that I can remember. For one I've used EAC and it should find the right metadata and artwork, though in my case it didn't (it was some church music that I've picked up as a souvenir in the Cathedral of Siena, so it was probably a fairly obscure disc) and for the other two I used WMP.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I couldn't respond because the forums are preventing me from logging in randomly again, punch in my user name and password hit login, and it just appears to reload the page without being logged in.

I know some people use the latest version of winamp again, but i'm not personally familar with it anymore to know if it's still able to pull what you're looking for.

I too mostly use windows Media Player to do rips at max quality though.

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Off topic, but, when I have that problem, usually I click Home (on the page, not the browser) and there I click on Forum and hey presto I'm logged in. :)

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

yeah i would do that too a few time but it didn't work.

7. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

if I presume that you previously used iTunes, given you had an iPhone, then just continue using iTunes to manage your music, and apparently an app called ‘iSyncr’ is what you want, and will let you do everything you used to do with your iPhone but with your droid instead :)

8. MIG-31

Yes I previously use iTunes and still do.

iSyncr requires a £8.99 liscnece.. :(

9. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Wait a sec.. you got a brand new Galaxy Edge S8, 128GB microSD, Klearlook screen protector, 2 x NFC chargers, a car charger, spare cables, and a Spigen case, which cost you, what exactly? And £8.99 for an iSyncr license has you frowning? ROFL!

QB71 likes this.
  10. MIG-31

I have many reasons why they have been bought and not one of them is going to be explained here....:( With the exception of they are "Used" and "Bought" for a reason.

Isyncr requires the £8.99 charge upfront to use it , Sorry I don't pay for software without Knowing how it works first, secondly its a safe and thirdly on not too bothered if my music goes on the phone to begin with..

That is why I asked in the OP to see if there were simple way to do so.

Thanks to Richy for the sudgestion :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  11. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

@MIG-31 you can just go to Music, your iTunes library folder, Music, and copy the .m4a files out of there, they are arranged by artist and folder, including compilations and they already have album art on them. They are not locked or anything, copying them will work. That's what I did for my phone. :)

12. MIG-31

Sorry I did try that, and all I get is this from the opening post.. The same issue with the album art.. Some Album art will show up.. So it can't be an option within the Google Play App.

For me its all the album art to show or nothing and just leave the albums with default..

13. Calliers

You might have to download album art by hand and apply it to each album in your library so that the actual files carry album art and then transfer to your phone, as Apple might just be putting placeholders of album art if you already pay for apple music.

14. MIG-31

Both on Windows Media and iTunes all the Album art were downloaded and intact.. I have both all backed up and is fine.. (all back ups when reinstalling iTunes etc after a format works fine)

Just can not figure out why the images don't show up on the phone...

I don't use any phone for a on the move player that much, so its not a big issue..

15. Calliers

You know that is strange.

I took my Samsung back and got a Huawei P20 and it has been working perfect for me so far. Also all the album art from my iTunes library worked on the phone and I have all my album art backed up as well.