Cool video.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

What he said could be used for almost anything, not just color and music.
    Wise words.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

truth be told

It's one thing that's rather interesting, my sisters have what they jokingly call the "token black friend".... as a kind of joke in relationship to the south park reference. He actually refers to himself as such when being introduced because the man has a proper sense of humour. If i recall, he too was ostracized by the "black community" he was growing up in because, he actually excelled at and enjoyed stuff that didn't "conform" to the standards, granted though the one thing he had in common was the lack of a father. (haha)... Still he's quite well off, someone that has made something of himself given his ambition and basically giving the community the finger.

What's interesting is that, and this is true in numerous places but apparently quite prevalent in even brazil, along with hollywood/California, hell even eddie and mike murphy talked about it, but i know a few people in brazil where the darker your colour of black, the worse you're treated. A woman i know that was born and raised in south africa said that it was kind of the opposite, where the blacker you were, the higher class you are considered, any shade brighter reduced your position in the hierarchy amongst those that really make a point of putting value on it.

Discrimination is pathetic, the people that practice it are imo horrible individuals rightfully due for being treated with less respect than those that they essentially discriminate towards. Would i go out of my way to do it? certainly not... i just don't feel compelled to give those asshats more than just common courtesy.

And when it comes to parents that even chastise their son's and daughters or other relatives, i hold them in likely far harsher contempt, as it's largely far more of an impact to an individual to have parents or siblings, someone you can't simply ignore and avoid easily... which has serious ramifications.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  3. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

I spoke to Judas on othe phone earlier today, he called me a bad word, he made me feel less than a person. :(

4. Trusteft

Did he call you an android?

Calliers likes this.
  5. Calliers

No he called me a man. He said I should act my age and that my childhood was over. :oops:

Tipstaff likes this.
  6. Trusteft

Ouch, that's nasty. Depending on why he said it, good for him.

Tipstaff likes this.
  7. Trusteft

btw, I am ashamed to say I don't remember who said the story, but it was an ancient Greek philosopher. Anyway, the story goes like this. This philosopher was walking with someone else and a third person yelled some nasty things to try to hurt his feelings. He continued walking with the other guy till he asked him why he isn't bothered by what the other guy told him.

He said if one gives me a very dirty, almost destroyed, smelly piece of clothing and told me to wear it. Should I wear it? No. Then why should I let some nasty words someone said to me hurt my feelings? It's my choice if I wear the clothes, it's my choice if I let the words hurt my feelings. Just let them fall down, don't pick them up.

I loosely translated it. And I still hate it I don't remember who it was.

8. Calliers

You do realize I was just joking and Judas actually never said anything mean right?

Having said that, cool story bro.

[​IMG]

9. Trusteft

10. Calliers

@Trusteft Sorry it's just that sometimes you're so deadpan I think you're actually being serious. :D

Trusteft likes this.
  11. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

this is quickly venturing into gas lighting territory?

12. Calliers

Don't worry Judas, everybody knows that me and you are going out.