Corsair H70 vs Noctua DH-14 review (Outsource)

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by -Mr.Fridge, Feb 1, 2011.

1. -Mr.Fridge

-Mr.Fridge DriverHeaven's Fridge

Hey guys!
    I found this awsome review and comparison between the Corsair H70 and the Noctua DH-14...
    It's in Hebrew but I'm pretty sure you guys can use the graphs or something...
    It's in one of Israel's hardware sites, check it here: IOpanel

In short:
    It appears that the H70 simply can't handle all the cooling power, not against the Noctua one...!
    It's pretty amazing, and the temp differences is pretty far too...

try using Google translate on it of you really care to read it...haha

2. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

I would take the higher temps rather than have 2.75 Lbs of cooler hanging off of my MB.

Not to mention having a less cluttered case interior, which allows for better cooling of the other case components.

Plus, not having to worry if I will be able to use all of my RAM slots because the "Mega Air Cooler from Hell" is covering everything up.

I'll stick with my Koolance Exos for the time being, and if/when it does die, I'll probably go with a Corsair H-xx.

3. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

They're both pretty impressive coolers, and I've seen a lot of reviews put them pretty close for both thermal and acoustic performance.

I have to agree that I wouldn't want a cooler that heavy given how much my computer gets moved about, but I'd not particularly comfortable with water inside my PC either, even with the excellent build quality.

4. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

My H50 loves me and hates you.

That is all.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

.................. and here, I thought having 2.75 pounds of cooler hanging off your MB was cool......

Learn something everyday, problem is I forget three. :D

6. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

D14 is the best out there, only the Silver Arrow matches it. H70 isn't as quiet and that's what's so amazing about the D-14 it cools and it does it without making a racket. I can run it at inaudible levels and still run 4.2ghz on the cpu. Sucks about the ram compatibility though but there's ways to configure the cooler around large ram heat spreaders.

[​IMG]