CT4780 & Monsoon MM700 LCS-150 speaker set qwexion

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by WxMan1, Jan 8, 2008.

1. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

The link you posted is for the SB0200 (which is a 5.1 model), not a CT4780.

Hehe, it's all good :)

OK, so the jack is yellow instead of white, but I am not sure that should make any difference. The SB Live! Value used a yellow jack for digital out (or maybe digital I/O) too. Also, note what the jack looks like on your card, as it does not look like a 4-Pole jack. Take a look at the following picture (SB0200): http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/Sblivedelloem.jpg

Look at the yellow jack, note how it differs from the jack in your picture. This is what a 4-Pole jack typically looks like on these cards, whereas the one on your card looks like a typical stereo jack.

BTW: The SB0200 (Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital (Dell) OEM)) is an oddball model, this page has some pictures of more typical Live! 5.1 models (as well as some others).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  3. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

:duh:

Its like you said, the card is a stinkin' oddball model. I had all sorts of problems with getting drivers for it to work in either Win98SE or WinXP last year. I went through hell until I came here. Now the card works excellent.

Your point 'bout the jack is well taken.

Anyways, a/o 08 Oct 10 this was my DSP set-up:

http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=87200_Kx3541_Surr2_122_575lo.jpg

:cool:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

I've determined that my issues are fairly moot at this time. First off, those LCS-150 2.4w amplified dealies with a "bass-boost" button aren't all that bad as people try to crack them out to be.

Wooo-hoo!

Secondly the frequency range for LCS-150 is 80-16k Hz. I've discovered they aren't all that bad for rear speakages - specially when cheap is the operative word; I was impressed with the fidelity of sound when the sChannel isn't too muddied with low Hz, and the timbre +12dB (bass @0dB), they hold their own; I was in the next room listening to 'em puttin' out by their own lonesome selves and was suprised at how well they sounded.

My source material was Beethovan's #9 (Scherzo) that comes with WinXP Pro SP2. THey played equally respectable with Franklin-Neuman's Mendelsohn's Electric, and a bit o' Satriani (Look My Way).

So I rethunked everything and settled upon this scheme for DSP w/my existing sound components:

http://img253.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=69645_Kx3541_Surr1_EQHigh_encode4_122_202lo.jpg

It should be clear that i'm scrapping anything short of 80Hz's from the sChannels. Unless somebody feels like piping in on what to do with 'em, I'm just going to write those Hz's off as MIA.

I got to thinkin' 'bout it and became disturbed at the mere thought of splitting off those Hz's below 80 from the sChannel, and funneling them into the stream for the front channels some 2.4ms later. That began to seem ever so more the quite wierd to me the more I thought 'bout it.

Anyways, the last year has been quite the educational experience for me (on many fronts). Not just the Java, VB or C++ school's been trying to learn me, but also all the intracacies pertaining to SCSI bus termination, and PSU -12v & -5v rails, mobo BIOS settin's with respect to PCI-DRAM prefetch (or Delayed Tranx), or enigmatic mains power issues ALL of which conspired together to corrupt my system.

LOL.

Anyways, its all good now; it'll be even better by next May when I complete C++ II (and can write a plugin or two to show all you guys up, eh?). LOL.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008