DC closes unexpectedly in Vista

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by GPLmadRacer, Sep 7, 2009.

1. GPLmadRacer

GPLmadRacer New Member

Hi, I have just recently purchased DriverCleaner.net and have it working fine in Windows XP but am having some problems with Vista (32 bit).

I can launch DC in Vista ok, but as soon as I select some drivers to remove and click start, the program starts scanning for about 1 second and then just quits with no error messages or anything.

The version is 3.4 which was downloaded from the location in the email sent to me when I purchased it.

I have to say at this point that I know absolutely nothing about Vista and am only using it as a diagnostic aid to get to the bottom of some rather strange ATI graphics card/driver problems that I am experiencing in XP. So it may be a setting in Vista that is causing the problem. It is a fresh install of Vista which at the moment has no service packs installed. However, as I write this I am installing service pack 1 to see if that helps. I have looked but I can't seem to find any system requirements for DC to say what operating systems and service pack levels are supported or not.

If anyone has any advice I would be gratefull.

Regards

Russell

2. GPLmadRacer

GPLmadRacer New Member

Just a quick update.

I have finished installing Service Pack 1 and the problem still remains. Also I forgot to mention that I am running DC as administrator.

Regards