Destiny 2 Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Calliers, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

You still don't get the "why" I play video games. It's not to see how big my "tool" is against other players. It's for the STORY. Has ALWAYS been for the STORY. I never, ever, enjoyed PvP games in the 30 years I've been playing video games. I like PUZZLES, I like STORY, I like the "INTERACTIVE MOVIE" element of playing video games. Anytime my gaming and efforts get interrupted by some other player coming after me, that's when my interest goes to zero.

I have done the Strikes, I've even gone into the Gambit. Even the Crucible a time or two...actually more than twice. But, it simply isn't my cup o' tea.

2. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

I found the Destiny 2 stories to be really interesting, but I guess to each their own.

Yeah, I remember now, you're a story kind of guy. But again, PvP isn't just to see how big your e-peen is against someone else's but also you get a rush from playing at a very high level. Maybe we're not the same.

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

The story is good, and I've enjoyed the moments / missions, but when you have to put aside the story in order to grind... that disconnection is what brings on the boredom

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Calliers

You know I don't mind the grinding in Destiny 2, I don't know, it doesn't take me that long to do a lot of the quests/bounties in the game and if ever I feel like it'll take long I take a smoke break or something.

Not like other games where I do feel bored by the grinding. If anything doing a couple of bounties and ending up with like tonnes more mats and newer more powerful weapons makes me feel a sense of achievement.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  5. Calliers

I can get up to 741 power with my most powerful weapons equipped but this is kind of where I'm at right now. 10 more to 750 power.

[​IMG]

6. Calliers

7. Tipstaff

Been thinking of restarting my character on the PC. On the PS4 I'm running a Hunter, and on PC I thought I'd try the Titan, but I just can't get used to it. I miss the mobility of the Hunter.

Calliers likes this.
  8. Calliers

Do you still have the level boost?

Also I'm admin in my clan now and I can add you to the clan anytime. The leader's a good guy.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  9. Tipstaff

Not sure. I'd have to start a new character to see if it shows up.

10. Calliers

I'm finding the sniping in the Crucible challenge very difficult, I've never liked sniping unless the target just sits there and smiles but in the Crucible it is cancer, so hard to move those bobbing heads, but when you do get a headshot it feels so satisfying. :)

Three more power to get to 750, then I'm starting a new character. Basically my prime engrams drop at 750 power now. :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019