Device not found

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by ethermite, Jun 16, 2013.

1. ethermite

ethermite New Member

Good afternoon,

I’m posting this to report a problem with the PAX drivers and my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional PCIe card.

It seems that the PAX drivers do not recognise my card so instead of installing the device driver it installs the default Microsoft HD audio driver. I’ve tried to manually update the driver through “search for driver software in this location” and “let me pick drivers” but with no success.

The console, thx and volume programs all state that no device was found, yet when auto update is opened it correctly detects the product and says that it’s connected.

I’ve tested both 1.00 and 1.05 in both normal and HD versions and I have the same problem with all.

Install steps taken, uninstalled the current drivers. Reset. Drive swept. Reset. Installed the new drivers. Reset.

The official creative drivers work correctly.

Operating system: Window 8 pro x64

Card Hardware id:
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00431102&REV_04
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00431102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&CC_040300
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&CC_0403

Any help in this matter would greatly appreciated and if you need any more info please let me know.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you disable driver sign in windows 8?

3. ethermite

ethermite New Member

That was it, brilliant. Thank you.