DH may be a tech site but...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Geminiwave, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

how many of you come here entirely for non-tech related reasons?

I got drawn in because I needed help building a computer when I was a wee lad...but I noticed that I hardly ever visit the tech forums anymore.

Did anyone come here not seeking tech help at all? Just thinking this was a cool site?

I'm just curious.

2. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

Aww, I just miss you guys. :D
    If I can recall, I came here because I was having issues with Omega drivers and just decided to stay because I liked the ambiance.

3. Geminiwave

what do you mean "the ambiance"? lol I think that might be why i stayed.

that and the ballerina outfit Allan put me in that one time...

4. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

Same here. I lurked for some time before joining, and posted a lot less than I do now for a long time.

5. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 Because I said so!

I've been a member here, for a few years, always read the forums, almost daily, but never posted much. I've only started to post over the past couple of months really...

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

cause it's home

7. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

The only thing I hate is that I can't browse DH at work. My temporary workstation is brutally underpowered and crashes every time I visit the site.

8. Geminiwave

ew thats unfortunate.

yea for some forums theres like a lite version you can use that has no graphics at all. its horrible but its functional. I wonder if DH has a mode like that...its vbulletin after all so you'd think it would.

edit: anyway i was just curious. I always liek to hear people's reasons for making a forum their home.

9. Guyver2K5

Guyver2K5 Don't make me hungry.

Best Site In The World...nay Universe:D

i was pretty much a lurker until i enterd a comp, won, and bin here everyday since lol

10. Judas

why is it home?

first off, it's the only site in which i at least know a bit of the people around. Course quite a few have moved on to other sites or other things, but being this is the first major one i've been part of since it first popped up into excistance.

Everywhere else is usually dull, and kinda pointless it seems. The current tech news here is usually most up to date, everything i need is here, we've got officials from several companies that roll through here regularly, they may not post often, but something needs to be answered, and they can, they will. It's a community that i just don't think i could find elsewhere..

That's why, on the internet, this is home.

11. Dowaco

Dowaco New Member

I am a long time member of another tech site (ocforums) which does not allow off topic discussions to wander into the areas of politics or religion, which is cool.

I was going to an RPG gaming forum that did allow such discussion but found the mods to be too biased. I think it OK to have an opinion and to express it, just don't impose it on the members by using mod powers to bully and punish those that disagree with you. So I left.

I came here mostly for the off topic talk but subscribe to the tech sections as well.

12. Geminiwave

yea i come here for the off topic :)

though there are things i wanna do...like I still owe Zardon those reviews...i should get on that like pronto..

anyway this is very interesting hearing all of this.

how'd you guys find out about Driverheaven? I don't even remember how I did. I think it was a complete accident and it was an even bigger accident that I stayed. a good accident...dont get me wrong. but it was lucky.

13. Judas

I used to spam a crapload on the www.pvrgenerations.net site. Oventually fusing with www.pvr-net.com forums.

Uberlord was a member there which was part of the staff of DH when DH was first born, he posted a link and i joined then.

14. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

i just liked it here :)

15. Geminiwave

more than enough of a reason ;)

16. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

Driverheaven is the one forum/site I visit frequently every single day if I have access to a computer that has access to the Internet. Even when our Internet service was interrupted here for a long while, I still made it a point to get to a computer every night after work to check on updates and see what was happening.

Driverheaven is unique in that it's informal while still being formal. Casual while still being very professional.

Someone mentioned 'ambience' and that pretty much sums it up. Unlike so many other tech sites with stuffed shirts and swollen egos, Driverheaven allows for expression within reason and respect for individuality.

I first heard of Driverheaven from our old friend, digitalwanderer and decided to check it out. Originally, it was due to Omegas drivers and the fact that I was using them on my ATI cards.

Ever since then, it's just gotten better and better.

17. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Ya I agree lol Rooc workshop block my DH last year I'm kinda piss lol I check site out at lunch time at Thrusdays now They put super sonic dam firewall in. I can't do that anymore. lol By way I think we had this type of thread before :)? lol I found this site by tryping drivers in google. :lol: Now I'm mostly help with audio pax drivers and creative drivers in audio forum I wish I was mod there by now :) lol

18. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I come here to see who Zardon's latest biotch is..:hmm: :D

19. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I came across it accidently while looking for help on a graphics card. I wasn't sure how to post as I have never gone to a forum before. I jumped in on the first thread to ask help and was suprised at all the responses. Even though I butted in, I was helped instead of bashed.

I figured it out and put my post in and was sorrounded with information. I respected that and started to check in once in a while and read new things. Now, I like to check in daily. It's like a habit. There are soo many tech savvy people and I see a lot of humer in the posts, especially Dyre's jokes. I read everything and have actually learned a lot.

Although my system is old and and I'm not a heavy gamer, I will be upgrading sooner or later. When, I do, I will be looking at building another computer and I know I can count on some good help if I have any questions.

Maybe someday, I will actually be able to return the favor to someone else who needs help.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!

20. Geminiwave

yea I got dumped.

damn you grace.....

er what? who said that?! :confused: :confused: :confused: