DH Review: ATI HD 3870 X2

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Jan 28, 2008.

1. geraldmango

geraldmango New Member

Yeah I was a member over there a year ago and I left when I questioned one of his review methods and he basically told me I was an idiot and to go somewhere else if I didn't like his site. Which I did. I prefer the reviews over here, they use real world testing and are willing to talk to us guys if we have questions. Just because Kyle owns a huge ass site doesnt mean he should feel he is in a position to talk down to the people who make him the money, us. It irks me his site is so popular tbh, there are much better places on the net. Even better sites using this "real world" benching he claims to have invented. If you check the dates DH was using similar methods before he even thought of them (like dropping 3dmark for one - which is useless and always has been). Wouldn't be surprised if he "borrowed" these ideas. When Hardocp dropped 3dmark and claimed on the front page that it was useless and that no one needed it, and how awesome he was for thinking of this strategy, I linked to a post zardon made on the front page of Driverheaven 2 weeks beforehand. he never replied.

He is an egotistical self centered manical dude with a god complex.

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hey people! Shall we stay with the topic in here.

3. SpaceyX

SpaceyX New Member

Out of all reviews I've read, I've seen pretty much the same results with the HD3870X2 and it seems like it performs better than the 8800 Ultra in games that support CrossFire, but in games that doesn't then it won't scale equally well.

Driver support from ATI's side will be crucial to the games performance of the HD3870X2 but it's a sweet card overall :D

4. Blacklash

Blacklash Che cazzo stai dicendo?

5. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I dug the image quality BMP pics.

6. guliwer19

guliwer19 New Member

Quite a problem

Hello i hope someone can help me.....so here we go....
    i bought radeon hd 3870 512 ddr4 .. and my monitor doesn't turn on when i plug the monitor to my card with dvi cable but my monitor works fine with the analog cable..and now my old card was gefore 7600GS with dvi connection and my LCD 19'' worked fine on geforce 8800 it's working fine to but just only on this one type of card it isn;t working my monitor is prestigio 19'' with specification:

Resolution Horizontal Frequency (KHz) Vertical Frequency (Hz)
    1280X1024 (60Hz) 64.0KHz 60.0Hz
    1280X1024 (75Hz) 80.0KHz 75.0Hz
    Contrast Ratio 500 : 1(Typical)
    Response Time 16 ms(Typical) i know quite low but should be workin..
    i tried diferent cables dvi but it works only on analog cable and this card was tested ok 22'' LG monitor LCD 2 ms 5000:1 and worked fine so what can i do to work it out exept of buying a new monitor:D
    i called to my serwis and they sad that the card must be proper setting and it will be fine but i can;t fin it:(
    best regards for all of You and hopeing that someone will help me:D omega drivers are instaled the latest........

7. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Welcome to DH!

It would be best to start a separate thread within the ATI Cards forum.

8. guliwer19

guliwer19 New Member

Ok Thx M8:)

9. Alex

Alex Driverheaven Lover

DH needs more credit for their testing guys. Today we have hardocp slagging off Anandtech regarding their testing and Hardocp are doing nothing that DH haven't been doing for years (DH do it better and more professional too).

I don't mind sites doing good testing but to start dragging in other sites with quotes etc, just looks like a bunch of schoolboys.

BWX likes this.