Driver Cleaner for Vista.

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by Uncle, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Uncle

Uncle New Member

Have used Driver Cleaner for quite some time now, has it been ported to Vista, or will it be.

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

Driver Cleaner.NET is the newest version. It runs on the .NET Framework 2.0 or higher and Vista has the .NET Framework build in. So DC.NET will work on Vista.

3. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Yup, works great. Two things i have noticed though is that 1) your desktop will be at 4 bit color without nv drivers installed and 2) it seems to miss a file or two because all my 3D settings are still saved after running it. Still it has improved my gaming experience over installing Vista and dropping the new drivers on top;)

4. Spike

dipstick thanx for the info, i keep working on the program and filters. There will be a big update soon and also i found some files from nvidia that i missed, so maybe those keep the settings.

5. Falcon1

Falcon1 ATi Beta Tester

Settings for ATi will be saved under Vista, too.
    So, maybe this needs an overlook, too.

Anyway, great job you r doing with this little tool!

6. dipstick

dipstick New Member

No problem, thanks for all the hard work. Its good to see DH Cleaner working with Vista already:)

7. acpennypacker

acpennypacker New Member

an odd new twist in Vista

I uninstalled my old Nvidia drivers for Vista then moved into safe were I removed the card from Device manager then used Driver Cleaner.NET to get the rest of the junk out. I then rebooted, Windows found the New Card and installed what not, I then disabled my AV and installed the latest drivers for Vista from Nvidia, rebooted. When I was back in Windows, Windows Update came up and told me I had new drivers for my Nvidia 7300LE, which I removed and not the Nvidia 7300GT which I just installed. These drivers appear to be the WDM drivers. I have been hesitant to install them considering I'm not using that card anymore. I'm wonder if I missed something? Or is this Windows being Windows? I believe I remember when XP came out something similar to this happening, albeit, not to me.

8. Spike

I would not install those drivers then, because you don't have that card installed. I think it is windows that thinks the GT is the same as the LE.

9. acpennypacker

acpennypacker New Member

I'm also getting this error when I use Driver Version Check.NET.

---------------------------
    Unhandled Exception
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\DriverCleanerDotNET\Check'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
    at DriverCheckDotNET.frmMain.AI8)tet)76Eu8oh(Object , FormClosingEventArgs )
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.RaiseFormClosingOnAppExit()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at B9dw1ThMhU.AQdZkLF3.AAQWD4QslQJ9q()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at B1xXcpaCBO8d.ADCWXV4kgPaYUAQp.ACqCs4EiP695fUaul(String[] )
    at Gc8wF0g6r1.AGC09IpjVS.AAvujN2Vw(String[] )
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    OK

10. Spike

What version of Driver Cleaner are you using and make sure to run all programs of Driver Cleaner in administrator mode.

11. acpennypacker

acpennypacker New Member

I just purchased Driver Cleaner.NET so I'm assuming I have the latest build. I'll give administrator mode a try.

12. acpennypacker

acpennypacker New Member

Boy, I feel like an idiot, that worked.

13. Spike

acpennypacker just run live update. I always put new updated files there, so it is possible you have 3.1.0.0 and 3.1.1.0 is now on live update. So please run live update. Then you can see if you have the latest version. Also make sure to run Driver Cleaner in administrator mode.

14. acpennypacker

acpennypacker New Member

I guess I had 3.1.0.0 after live update, I now have 3.1.1.0. Anyway, after my first botched attempt at changing my Video Card I poped the original one in (Nvidia 7300 LE) and updated my drivers. Everything worked like a charm. However, I did notice when I removed the WDM Drivers I lost a point on the Windows Experience score in Vista......a bit odd if you ask me. I left them and everything was good. The 7300 LE isn't a gaming card by any streach of the imgination but it gets the job done in HL2 to name one. The Nvidia drivers for Vista ain't the best so like every Vista Nvidia card user I was hoping for a bit better proformance. Only time will tell. Oh, Admin mode in Vista seems to be the magic pill in Vista for a lot of issues.

15. Spike

Indeed odd that vista removes an experience point. I also noticed that in vista almost all programs must run with admin rights and that makes it not easy for normal users.

I heard also that the Vista drivers from more companies are not giving big improvements. Hoping indeed that the performance will go up a lot in the next driver updates.