Drivers for a Auzen X-fi Home theater hd 7.1

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Auzentech Series' started by wiz2596, Jun 17, 2011.

1. wiz2596

wiz2596 New Member

Dear all

Where I can download the newest pax drivers for a Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD 7.1

Regards

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

It be next week :). I'm doiing XFI drivers right now going be out today. Going do updated Audigy drivers next too.

3. Cyclonicks

Cyclonicks New Member

Hi Robert, have you come across this issue ? (from others if you don't own an hometheater hd card)

If I put a youtube video (for example) in 1080p and put it full screen, audio reverts to stereo almost every time. I have to open the auzentech panel to switch from 5.1 to 7.1(or vice versa depending on how many times I have to do it) to get back to ''multi in'' I do this by ''alt-tabbing'' out of the fullscreen video and then going back on it. It changes the audio when I get out of fullscreen too.

does that with the official drivers and sadly, yours too.

I'm connected as such :

gtx580 hdmi out -> hthd hdmi in -> hthd hdmi out -> denon avr-790 hdmi in -> denon avr-790 hdmi out -> sharp aquos hdmi in

audio is disabled in the nvidia control panel
    every other sound item in the windows sound panel is disabled and everything in recording tab is disabled too

Is it something that you can look into?

thanks for your time and apart from that issue, your drivers are awesome :)

4. wiz2596

wiz2596 New Member

Thanks dude, please post them here when its done

Regards

5. Robert McClelland

Might be Driver suites updated tomorrow would see :). I'm going be see my Nephew on Sat.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  6. wiz2596

wiz2596 New Member

Dear Robert

hi bro, is there any update on this?

Regards

7. Robert McClelland

Ya getting close on other sets :). I try do something tomorrow :). Or maybe today will see. You see I have get the drivers infs work right if not they won't work on other sets If I don't know what I'm doing. lol. All Tweaks be used same sets as other sets. because it's same creative inf hehe. I hope you can hold be longer :). I let you know.

8. Kurian..Of Borg

Kurian..Of Borg New Member

There is an easier way to reset it. Right click on the Volume systray icon->Playback Devices->Right click on Auzentech HDMI->Click Test.

Basically if any device takes exclusive control of the HDMI port and releases it, it gets reset back to multichannel PCM. I will try to write a program that can do this automatically.

BTW this is a well known problem with this card. Basically if the display is reset for any reason (changing resolution/frequency/bit depth/switch off monitor) then it reverts back to stereo mode.

I suspect the reason is because the HDMI audio device only reports itself as 2 channel to Windows. When you enable the "play speaker audio through HDMI" option in the Console, the driver is probably performing some low level hijack of the HDMI port and making it run in multi-channel PCM mode. When the display is reset, the receiver is renegotiating with some standard Windows framework and Windows sets the device to 2 channel mode.

The HDMI port on AMD Radeon cards reports as a 5.1 channel audio device, so Windows always runs it in 5.1 multi-channel PCM mode.

If you are willing to sacrifice some sound quality, you can enable DTS-Interactive mode and all your audio will be bitstreamed as 5.1 DTS. Choose DTS instead of DD since DD is only 640Kbps whereas DTS is 1.5Mbps.

9. Cyclonicks

Cyclonicks New Member

heh thanks for the info Kurian..Of Borg!

right now I'm running the setup ''splitted''

I have the hdmi from the video card in my tv directly and I send a ''dummy'' signal to the auzentech card through dvi-to-hdmi and then the auzentech to the receiver..

works fine apart from the fact that I think it hinders my sli setup a bit

buuuut this is something that should work the way it was intended and not through some horrible amount of cables.. especially at the price this card goes..

that program of yours that you may uhm.. program lol, sounds interesting.. :)

10. Kurian..Of Borg

Why aren't you connecting it directly? The only reason not to is if you have a high resolution monitor above 1920x1080 which the receiver cannot pass through.

11. Robert McClelland

Auzentech drivers tomorrow guys holiday today want take break from the drivers ;)

12. Cyclonicks

Cyclonicks New Member

well because of the issue mentionned earlier.. any game/video (either stream or on my pc) mostly caused the audio to revert back to stereo..

dirt 2 was only playable in windowed mode to have multichannel pcm for instance.

mkv files with hd audio did the same thing..and those even in windowed mode made the audio switch from time to time

only way to 'fix' it other than a program like you mentionned was to separate the audio and video... That way almost everything I play works in multichannel pcm.. I have to ''extend'' my desktop to the receiver if you understand what I mean and this has the problem of having the mouse going in the ''other screen'' if I'm not careful.. Had a browser only open on the extended screen once, that was annoying hehe

If I clone the screen to the receiver and I put something that changes the screen it does the same thing as before, with the exception being that it only does it when the resolution is changed.. if the game or video is set in 1080p (the resolution I'm running) everything is fine.

oh and Robert, can't wait! :D

13. Robert McClelland

I'm still tweaking the inf hehe testing drifter ideas lol. on my sound card.

14. Kurian..Of Borg

I'm also running dual monitors, and the second 1080p one through the sound card/receiver. When I had a single monitor I connected it through the sound card and never had any problems except when I change the resolution. Since I played all games at native resolution there was no problem.

I also used Reclock to bitstream DD/DTS movies directly to the HDMI device, while playing back other codecs through 'Speakers'. There was no problem when switching between a steam and speaker audio.

You can still use DTS Encoding if you install the DDL/DTSi pack.

15. Robert McClelland

Got dirvers done all of main ones just have upload bit later I let you know you should have them to test after dinner tonight :D.

16. Headman

Headman New Member

Thanks dude! I just changed my pci x-fi fatal1ty to this card and good thing you've tweaked drivers for it too! :)

17. wiz2596

wiz2596 New Member

It still does not work, installation was ok, but device manager shows up like there's no driver installed

18. Robert McClelland

Dam
    lol Wiz you got messeger? so we can work on this set :)?

19. Kurian..Of Borg

I haven't tried the driver yet, but here are my hardware IDs:
    [​IMG]

20. Robert McClelland

Driver set doesn't work yet I be work on soon I can only down side is I be gone after 4pm for while lol.