Dscaler don't record sound from line-in with 5.10.0.3550.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wepsteros, Nov 28, 2009.

1. wepsteros

wepsteros New Member

Hi,
    1st I have (an ancient) sound card Sound Blaster Live! Value and lately I installed 5.10.0.3550 kx drivers.

Previously, everything worked like it belongs (with the Creative drivers). Dscaler recorded sound from the input line-in, but I needed to record the microphone input. Unfortunately, I failed it. So I was looking for how to record sound from both inputs. I found kx. Read a bit about the DSP and I did something like this (standard settings do not suit me and also did not work)

http://yfrog.com/j3dspoj

Now I write what I want to achieve. I would like DScaler to record sound from line-in and microphone.

Unfortunately DScaler do not record sound, only picture. What's even stranger, sound from line-in and microphone is normally heard at the speakers, but as I wrote, dscaler do not record it.

Here's the settings for DScaler:
    http://yfrog.com/13dscalerj

What can I do with this? And sorry for my bad english.

//Edit: Sorry for small pictures, now it should be OK.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  2. peate

peate Active Member

Your pictures are way too small to see anything.

3. peate

peate Active Member

I don't think you can record both Line-in and Mic together with your card. You need an Audigy for that. Maybe someone else can confirm or correct me, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

4. Doug W

Doug W New Member

You can record Mic and Line in with simultaneously with the SBLive in an ASIO enable app.
    The DSP shown is for a CT4780 (SBLive!), using Windows 98SE and kX 3534F. It is set up to record line In and Mic at the same time.
    You can do it the way I show assuming that you can select two sources in your program. The GAINX plugins used were an attempt to make the kX drivers more user friendly to the family, (It didn't help). The Mic and Line inputs are sent to the ASIO outputs 0 and 1.

Your application probably is not ASIO enabled so this solution won't work for you.

If you own a mixer, run the your first input into track 1 of your mixer and pan it hard left. Run the mic into channel 2 of the mixer and pan it hard right. Then run the line out of your mixer into Line In of the SBLive.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009