E-MU 1616 driver (working inputs!!!)

Discussion in 'MAC OS X Driver' started by >Alejandro, Apr 15, 2018.

1. >Alejandro

>Alejandro New Member

Hi everybody! Owners of E-MU 1616, test this version of the driver.
    audio devices.png
    Analog inputs work. Supports 44.1-48 kHz.
    The mixctrl application (test version) has a mixer and switches of the levels of inputs and outputs pro / consumer. The hardware limiter also works.
    mixer.png iosettings.png
    Tested on the Mavericks and High Sierra.

To install, unpack the archive and run the install emu script. Reboot is not needed. After installation, you need to run edspctrl. To uninstall the installed files, run uninstall emu.

For SB Live! and Audigy requires the kX AC97. Use install creative in attachment for them. For input select mic or line-in in Rec.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    dynaudio likes this.
  2. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

Good news :) Please feel free to submit your changes to github ;)

3. >Alejandro

>Alejandro New Member

Ok, I will do this a little later.

Someone tested the inputs on other Creative's sound cards, sach as SB live, audigy?

4. dynaudio

dynaudio New Member

Alejandro! You are the Best!
    First, thank you for the working inputs in E-MU 1616! (my card is 1616m) You make my day! ))

But, I have a problem with your driver. When I watch videos (for example) on YouTube. I hear a crackling sounds.

Solution: Need to change n_frames values. From -2048 to -8192.
    Here is link to fix it in code: https://github.com/herrnst/kx-audio-driver/commit/aa1a4d6ee2302de4d0e30375c28a73bcfffc9c20

I was make a little changes in your binary file (Because I don't have your sources), and attach it to this message. Now, it's works fine for me. ;)

Also, some guys make another version of this driver here:
    https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...mod-sound-blaster-live-audigy-124rx-emu-edsp/
    It would be great if you joined them. Their version supports multiple frequencies:
    64000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 8000, 9600, 11025, 12000, 16000, 18900, 22050, 24000, 32000, 37800, 44056, 44100, 48000 ..

P.S. I hope, you will continue to work of this driver. Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  5. >Alejandro

>Alejandro New Member

Hi dynaudio! My card is 1616m too. I saw that the buffer increased 4 times. I reduced it as was initially and no problem with sound. My MB is ASUS P7P55D. Was tested Audigy (sb0090) with other MB, everything is good too. Increasing the buffer increases the latency. Perhaps problem it's not in the driver, maybe with interrupts, or something else. Try another pci-e slot, if possible.

Why so much, does anyone need this? :)
    SB and EMU use different algorithms for switching frequencies. EMU should not use oversampling.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  6. >Alejandro

>Alejandro New Member

Added support for frequencies 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 174200 Hz for sb live!/audigy.

ITzTravelInTime likes this.
  7. >Alejandro

>Alejandro New Member

Updated kX AC97.app. The red button closes the application. Fixed crash when closing.

8. ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime New Member

Hi i am working with alejandro to make this driver to work well with consumer grade cards, there are still some problems to solve, but it seems to work

9. ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime New Member

I am the author of that driver and with my version of alejandro's driver i will contnute to support a wide range of sample rateds with the consumer cards (from 7khz up to 176.4 khz), professional cards are limited to 44.1 khz and 48 khz as sample rates, as said by alejadro they require a different tecnique to switch sampling rate, so this limits such cards to just that 2 rates.

For consumer grade cards we need also to figure out the corrected values for the sample offset and the n_frames to solve the cracking issues and to add sample rate switching for the inputs (if some one knows how to do that i will be very happy to add it into the driver), but the new driver looks very promissing to me, it has not a lot of the issues of the old one.