EHS Software

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Lunete Ainsworth, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Lunete Ainsworth

Lunete Ainsworth New Member

Aside from flexibility in data collection and improved reporting what are the other benefits of an environmental health and safety (EHS) system? I hope this is not an odd question to ask here.

2. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

From a global standpoint, reducing employer costs due to lost time and wages, prevention and developing standards to train and document training on a higher level for the entire industry to ensure compliance with laws is of paramount importance. You have to create a standard, enforce it, train against it and innovate the system so that it is integral with your workcenter and reflects the social contract with the employee.

3. Lunete Ainsworth

Lunete Ainsworth New Member

Thanks for the response. My company has been considering getting an EHS software but is on the process of researching more about it based on industry updates and more importantly on first hand feedback. We have looked into the possibilities and cost has been a consideration too.

My question now is, can this software be patterned to a previous EHS software previously provided to another company or should it be unique from the others? If this is a customized thing, does it take a lot of time to develop the system? Thanks.