Elon Musk's kid-submarine was 'a PR stunt,' Thailand cave rescue diver says

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

One of the British divers who helped rescue the Thai soccer team just confirmed what many suspected about Elon Musk's somewhat bizarre attempt at helping: It was never going to work.

In an interview with CNN, British diver Vern Unsworth called Musk's submarine "just a PR stunt" that "had absolutely no chance of working."

Unsworth, who according to CNN played a "pivotal" role in the rescue, appeared exasperated when asked about Musk.

"He can stick his submarine where it hurts," he said. "It just had absolutely no chance of working. He had no conception of what the cave passage was like. "

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

When I saw the photo online, I had to ask myself, How can that ever work? I've been spelunking, myself, and some of the turns inside the caves just can't allow for something as long and rigid as what he sent to pass through.

3. Calliers

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I like him.

5. Calliers

He's a puppet, installed by the cabal, how do you think he rose to prominence so quickly?

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

any effort at all, if i recall, before any of this even got lit up, there was a tweet requesting help from elon, to which he responded saying he'd be more than willing to get on it and that he'd have some concepts to them the next morning.

There isn't enough context, and you can blame everyone and anyone for self back slapping and pr stunting for nearly anything, attacking their character simply because some of the stuff shown thus far doesn't remotely look like it would be helpful or workable in a situation like this.

It's pretty easy for a virtue signaler to try and point the finger at someone else as being one trying to utilize it to their advantage, it's hypocrisy at that point.

7. Calliers

@Judas Like they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

8. Calliers

9. Calliers

10. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Real dumb, Elon. You could have brushed it off as slang for something else. My friend saw this article, and said something interesting. In Spanish there's apparently 2 slang terms that pedo can be used for: drunk, or fart. Elon could have gotten away with saying he meant it in relation to him being an old fart. I was thinking that he could also have said that auto correct screwed him up, that he didn't mean pedo, but something else, and that's why he deleted the post. Then he goes on to apologize for the screw up.

But nooo.... Elon literally goes and admits that he typed what he intended to type. Dumb move, Elon. You just gave the guy fuel for his lawsuit.