Exclusive: DirectX 9 End-user (beta 1) download

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by NewsFactory, May 25, 2002.

1. NewsFactory

NewsFactory News Guru

This is the Beta 1 Release of Microsoft's DirectX 9.0 Software Development Kit (SDK). It contains all DirectX software required to create DirectX 9.0 compliant applications.

Major components include: DirectX 9.0 system components (runtimes); DirectX 9.0 Application Programming Interface (API) Documentation for each of the DirectX core areas (written for C++, C#, or Visual Basic developers); DirectX 9.0 headers & libraries; Sample applications and source code; miscellaneous tools and utilities.

After installing, those new to DirectX should start with the DirectX 9.0 documentation. More seasoned developers may also want to view the "WHAT'S NEW" section. Professional DirectX developers should refer to the "KNOWN ISSUES" section prior to raising concerns

Download Exclusive: DirectX 9 End-user (beta 1)win98/Me/W2K/XP [29.3mb]

http://www.warp2search.com

2. The | Cruise

The | Cruise New Member

DirectX 9.0 beta - This file is proving very illusive!

This file is proving very illusive. I went to all the links, off that link above (http://www.warp2search.com), and they were all dead! I have since notice that I had a 205KB .exe, on my system that will allow you to do a remote install of DirectX 9.0 beta, straight from the MS Web site. If you’d like a copy then please either e-mail or pm me. Install it at your own risk though. :D

BTW, the whole install works out at about an 8MG download, and not the near 30MG mentioned above.

3. The | Cruise

The | Cruise New Member

Update - after install

Installed v9.0 fine. I needed to update because Direct 3D stopped working after a failed prior install of 8.1b, and seeing I couldn't uninstall 8.1b, I had no other choice.

4. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

Do people that already have the patched (time limit removed) initial DX9 beta need to upgrade to this (is this newer?)?