External Soundcard suggestion?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Trusteft, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am looking for an external soundcard for my gaming laptop. A Windows 8.1 machine.
    I need it to be not too expensive (under 100 euros/dollars if possible), good quality, no noise, input at least mic AND line in.
    Obviously headphone out too.
    Everything else is a bonus.

So far I am leaning towards a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro.

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

If DTS/5.1 isn't an issue for you, go for the X-FI HD instead. It's only 2.1, but it has a better DAC. I've tried all 4 of their units, and the HD sounds better IMO. Line is use an RCA L/R connector or optical in, but one useful items is that it also comes with a "GND" connector on the back to ground the unit in case your input via the RCA line in is causing line feedback (such as a record player).

Trusteft likes this.
  3. Trusteft

Thank you man. Unfortunately I have already ordered it. It might even arrive today.

4. Trusteft

I managed to cancel my order thanks to a delay in the delivery.
    Since I have no noise by plugging in the headphone to the LGP2+ I will skip buying a soundcard for now. I just need a line in volume controller for the headphones and I have just ordered 3 of them (to be safe) from Amazon. It will take few days, but it is going to be far cheaper than the alternative.