Facebook video issue ... not that I care but any ideas

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Mr Cairo, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Chatting to a work colleague who was dressed down yesterday for facebook use ...

Normally she will browse on lunchtimes, if anyone comes she flips the screen to another app and carries on ... however yesterday she was watching a video and this is how she described it .. "the video was playing I had just scrolled past it when the boss popped his head in , I flipped to another screen and thought I was ok but the sound continued to play, and I was caught out"

she has just reproduced it on her station here ... it appears that even after scrolling past the video Facebook popped open the same video in a new window and continued to play it sound and all (see screenshot) ... does anyone have any idea of how to stop this ?

image 1 is the original video image 2 is the popup Image1.jpg

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

They added this function probably... i don't know.. maybe 6 months ago... I'm not aware of any way to change the setting so it stops outside of stopping the video with pause and then scrolling on.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

Could this be a browser issue/setting? I'm using Firefox and there's no audio for the video unless I intentionally click on the video. I suppose she had done that, though.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

no it's not a browser issue... opera... microsoft edge.... firefox... chrome.. they all do it.. it's a function that was implemented on facebook itself, and far as i can see, there was no option to "disable" the feature... just like there isn't one to PREVENT videos from automatically playing/downloading and EATING data up unnecessarily.

Videos play without sound as you scroll by... you MUST click on it or turn the volume up... once that it done, scrolling on will result in facebook sliding that video to the side for continous playback unless otherwise stopped... .

5. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

6. Acesty6

Acesty6 New Member

do not know about this we have same problem though everything keeps pooping out on my screen can someone advice what to do with it im a mess this distracts my work so much what to do?

7. Hayden Morris

Hayden Morris New Member