Fall/Winter Pax Edtion sets. More set be added later. One Thread.

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Creative Wereldwijde Ondersteuning try that ;)

2. gk8aq

gk8aq Active Member

After I installed 1.55 my X-Fi Elite I/O external console is not working properly:(. The weird thing is that remote controller works like it used to be so the console accepts signals from the remote like it used to be.

Symptoms of external I/O Console:
    Leds are not working (only the red one which flashes from the remote when you press buttons)
    Volume and other controls from the console also not working.

Anyway I don't know if this is a driver bug or creative console application (and probably volume panel) needs updates.
    Could you tell me which application or maybe if the driver controls the X-Fi Elite I/O console?

P.S. I didn't have any of these problems with your all previous sets 1.40,1.35 etc...
    My system is currently running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.
    By the way you have an excellent job with 1.55 release sound rocks in my B&W CDM1 Special Edition speakers!!!:taste:
    (I have also done clean install of driver and application same symptoms)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  3. Gixik

Gixik New Member

4. Chert

Chert New Member

i'm getting very low volume on my surround channels when playing music either with itunes or wmp after installing pax v.1.55. i'm running an x-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty pro under win 7 64-bit. hope you can help me, mr. robert. :)

Update: there seems to be something wrong w/ the CMSS-3D feature of the x-fi when using the v1.55 drivers. when I access the sound section of the windows control panel, windows warns that I disable driver enhancements (CMSS-3D) since it is causing problems w/ the soundcard (Creative SB X-fi).

5. Robert McClelland

Hi Mate DO you have power hook up to your sound card?

6. Robert McClelland

Did you used driver cleaner paid one mate I highly recommed using it. You may have reinstalled your software make CMSS work fully. I be releasing Auzen tech software in suite soon.

7. lcslouis

lcslouis New Member

ok i have installed the suit and latest driver.

i am running vista ultimate 32bit
    i have an xfi fatailty champion card
    the hardware supports ddts decode driver doesn't
    i did buy the ddts connect pack which activates encoders but not decode

is there anyway the ddts can be enable for the cards that do hardware support it in the next release creative wanting us to go buy new hardware even though the hardware we have already works just needs different driver is stupid.

8. Robert McClelland

Do you have Drive bay if you get drive bay you get decoder mine has it. Make sure Power is hook up to your sound card. You might have power your floppy drive power connection to make power hook up your sound card.

9. TommyVK

TommyVK New Member

I have the same problem as "gk8aq". Leds are not working only power blue led work on my external console

Windows 7 32bit
    X-FI Elite PRo

10. lcslouis

lcslouis New Member

its hooked up stereo works but ddts 5.1 doesn't anything i try that is ddts 5.1 doesn't work the decoder tab is not in the control panel i have the internal drive bay the remote works and spidf-in stereo only works but when i enable ddts on my game system or tv or whatever i get no sound because the ddts isn't active.

i did a proper install i removed all creative labs software ran reg cleaner and driver sweepers rebooted installed new driver rebooted and everything and the decoder tab didn't show up. i know this card ddts works it works in xp but not in vista due to and i repeate creative's bs response microsoft made it where hardware access is no longer able so they made the drvier to not directly access the driver for dts decdoing.

so here is the question are you going to release a new suite that has your latest driver and ddts decoding actually working? if so would it be possible to put it in a new thread cause this one is getting quite long.

11. Robert McClelland

Only issue if I do that I get trouble by creative with decoder like other guy did I don't want go that far. I be releasing suite tomorrow hopely :). I couldn't go see Avatar in 3d one movie theater sadly didn't have it. Going to other one next week.

12. gk8aq

gk8aq Active Member

Yes power hook up is there since 2006 ;) TommyVK has the same problem too. I don't know if it is a driver bug or application compatibility due to the new driver release. Thank you.

13. TommyVK

TommyVK New Member

I have returned from 1.55 to 1.40 version but problem with external console takes a stand still. Format of disk and install previous 1.40 drivers version on clean system has not helped too. On it moment diodes and hand wheels do not act on external console.Remote control not work too.In creative luncher line in 3 and line in 2 have disappeared,volume control does not react. In external console works only headphones.

14. CallaghanMk2

CallaghanMk2 New Member

First off, thanks so much Robert, its the '3rd party' guys like yourself that make computers just un-frustrating enough to stop me from throwing mine out the window. I arrived here after installing (unsucessfully) my X-Fi xtremegamer. I just installed the 1.55 driver and it works wonderfully. I read that you will be releasing the software pack for it soon, is this what is required to activate all the EAX effects etc? Also, would it work if I just installed the old software suite over the 1.55 drivers until you release the new one? Or would that make more problems? Thanks again.

15. Robert McClelland

Thanks I got some good news and bad news on suite. UHAA won't work with the new suite at all. Bad news I can't get speaker settings to stick after reboot with suite drivers and good news new main drivers I'm working on settings do stick with reboot :).

16. CallaghanMk2

CallaghanMk2 New Member

UHAA? Basically the only drivers/programs related to my x-fi on my pc right now is your 1.55 driver release, I have none of the Creative utilities, EAX equaliser presets, Speaker Settings, THX etc. Is there any way at all for me to get these utilities running with your 1.55 drivers in any way shape or form before you release anything else?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  17. Robert McClelland

Not tonight mate sorry :) it would take good 3 hours upload it lol I still got do readme. I be releasing v1.60 set soon with speaker setting fix some odd reason it won't work with suite but main driver only. Plus I be still unpacking boxes yet. Would see what happen. Prelude people want there own set too lol. So there so much I can do. I'm trying slove XFI issue best as I can. That way I can start work on other sets. UHAA are special music card with Optical in and out.

18. Chert

Chert New Member

the CMSS-3D problem only happens with the v1.55 drivers. I reverted back to the 1.40 drivers and there is no trouble with CMSS-3D.

19. Robert McClelland

You mean it reset it self after restart mate? I think I final slove that issue :).

20. mirecek1965

mirecek1965 New Member

This X-fi PC ALL 1.55 driver set not working for my X-fi extreme gamer. I have 5.1 Inspire repro and sound comes only from left, center and right. In left and right sound is distorted. This is fresh install on freshly installed Win 7 x64. Based on Auzen or not, not working. After this issue i reinstall drivers from your Winter set. After reboot all working fine, 5.1 OK. I think, there may be difference between Auzen and original X-fi cards. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.