Fermi possibly delayed til March or April

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 23, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read Full Story Here.

We had a brief chat today with some insiders in the far east who claim Nvidia are not going to make their initial launch date of January

2. EfrainMan

EfrainMan Active Member

Wow. It's probably still rumor, but bad publicity can hurt as much as an actual delay.

C'mon TSMC, get your 40nm s#!t together!

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I knew there had to be a delay and it wasn't going to be released this year (hear me guy who said it was going to be released in November?), but April? We will see.

4. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Well I am getting sick of the Website Fudzilla, who keeps saying November, December, January, they don't know but they act like they know, which is even more annoying then just being wrong.

Hopefully the yields will get better for AMD and they can have a banner year.

5. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

If true, I think it's good for ATI. Yields may be low, but the longer there's no competition, the more they'll sell.

6. clanman

clanman New Member

Yeah, I hear ya. Fudzilla just publish anything at all. standards are very low, gave up going there a while ago when I read four stances in a week on one news piece, clearly only to get hits.

7. naryan

naryan Guest

this is ridiculous. you know what they're doing, don't you? they're saying "oh it'll be ready in a few weeks it's almost ready hang on wait a minute almost there" to stop you buying an ATI card at all. it's starting to look like the new generation of cards that ATI brought in will be skipped by nVidia and all they'll do is bring in the NEXT set. this is cheap tactics.

8. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Well, it could be that this is not unlike the time ATI deliberately never issued a response to GeForce 4 Ti series, but then delivered 9700Pro out of the blue, yet it could be like the time their X1800XT, which was a decent card, was delayed for months due to a minor but hard to find error and left the GF7 series unrivaled for too long. From the sound of it, the latter could be more likely.

In either case, if TSMC gets the 40nm tech right and ATI GPU shipments really increase tenfold in the nearest future, AMD/ATI could profit from the situation quite nicely.

9. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

This is not good coz the more competition between ATi and AMD the better it is for the consumers in the long run, so team green should really get their act together asap :uhoh: