FF7 advent children

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by danjufo, Sep 30, 2004.

1. danjufo

danjufo DH.Sig.Maker

for those that don't know they are making a sequel to Final Fantasy VII however different to the sequel to FFX (FFX-2) this will not be in the format of a game, but it will be a film.

there are various trailers about, this is the first one i have found which you dont have to register for >link< thanks to adventchildren.net - a link to the page with various trailers and qualitys source

i hope others are as excited as me about this, i am a FF fan, and although in all honesty spirits within was rather poor, as this one is based on actual game we should be able to relate to it better. it is also a sequel to the best of them all, in my opinion FF7 had by far the best story and characters of them all. so i get to see this story continued, and also my favourite game characters brought to a more up-to-date standard of graphics too lol.

p.s. sorry if this has already been posted, but i have found nothing from the searches on here so i thought i would post it

2. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

I think it's interesting that after Square and Enix merged Squaresoft (Square-Enix now) seems to have a new attitude with the Final Fantasy series. They released a sequel to a FF game for the first time (X-2), FF XII has a new producer and looks to bring different innovations to the series (not to mention being in Ivalice from FFT, FFTA), and they are releasing the "Final Fantasy VII Compilation" which includes the PSP game (forgot the title), Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, and FF VII: Advent Children. It's understandable they are now releasing games based on FF VII as it's thought to be the most 'loved' FF title in the series.

Advent Children looks amazing and I can't wait to see what direction it takes and how it advances the storyline after FF VII which ended in a very mysterious way. VERY cool stuff.

3. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

yea looks very cool....although i dont know how good it will actually be in terms of a film

4. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

Well it has to be better than Final Fantasy: The Movie. :D

Seriously though it does look DAMN good in all the trailers I've seen.

5. danjufo

danjufo DH.Sig.Maker

yeh the trailers look pretty good. the fact that it is a sequel of FF7 will also make me enjoy the film more i think and well.. lets hope they learned from their mistakes ;)

6. Wiredzero

Wiredzero Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I like the Playstation FinalFantasy games...but me...I'd like to see a sequel to Final Fantasy III.

7. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

Which FF III? ;)

The original NES one or the rebranded FF VI (FF 3) for the SNES in the US?

8. Wiredzero

Wiredzero Active Member

It'd be the rebranded one. You know...the one that got you into the characters, as well as the story. Captivating story. (loved that game) Locke, Setzer, Celes, Terra...when I'd first played it, there wasn't a part to the story that I wanted to miss...and even now, I still enjoy playing the game, and reading the story. Those games...they didn't have the "pretty pretties". They had something that most games today don't...depth of story.

9. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

i want to see a final fantasy 8 sequel, that thing really pushed the playstations graphics. it was just insane the sound quality and graphics at times

10. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

Ok fine; lets get a sequel for every FF game! ;)

Seriously, I'd like to see a sequel to FF VIII like Solid Snake said but the story line would be really tricky due to the finality and 'hapiness' of FF VIII's ending. VIII had a really good combat system with the draw system and equiping of magic. I really want to see how XII is going to turn out.

11. HsuGotaQ

HsuGotaQ Hydrogenated Dumbass

Awww... shucks! Am I the only one here to believe that FF VI (FF III for north america) is the best title of the series? It would be way too difficult to create a sequel after all that has happened at the end of the game, but still. Come on... who's up for a 4x Bum Rush from Sabin and a 8x Ultima from Terra to kick the living shit outta Kefka.

Note: I think you could only do Ultima only 4x from one attack... but I think there was a way to use to relics to pull off the 8x Magic attack.

12. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

Call me weird, but Final Fantasy 9 was my favorite (and I've played them all).

13. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

No, Wiredzero also wanted to see a sequel to FF III as well. ;)

I've played the majority of them starting with FF I on the NES and FF IX was my least favorite. Something about that game didn't capture me like the other FF titles. It was still a great game, but the weakest in the series in my opinion.