Folder issues since 1903 update

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Mr Cairo, May 29, 2019.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

As usual the big update has reset preferences and that's fine it takes about 10 minutes to get it all back the way I like and as usual that's the case

apart from the Downloads folder

It refuses to stay in the view I want (all the other folders do) it keeps resetting to the Group view and no matter what i do I cannot set it to stay the way I want.

I goto View and untick group and its great but as soon as I leave that folder and go back everything is automatically backin groups

any ideas in a way to permanently stop this ?

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i believe this is reported and is going to be part of the cumulative update soon as i've also noticed that even a folder that didn't have group view... will eventually within a short time, going back to it suddenly be in group view and refuses do anything but group view even after unticking it.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Mr Cairo

Cheers Judas I hope your right, its a small annoyance but it is one .

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You are kidding, right?
    As far as I know since Windows 95 it takes a miracle for Windows to remember what folder view settings you have set up for any folder. Sure it will trick you to think it remembers, but then out of nowhere it will change it.
    This isn't a Windows 10 issue. This is a Windows issue since "day one".
    I seriously doubt they will ever fix it. I wonder if the code is the same since the 90s lol.

5. Mr Cairo

Yup had this issue on most versions of windows but not really had it on 10, Do the update, set the folder preference and its been good and remembered but not after this last update

No matter what I set the preference as the Download (and Recycle bin) would set back, I decided to use the reset all folder option and start again and to be fair for the last 3 days it seems to be ok .......... until the next update that is

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Trusteft likes this.
  6. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

The code for solitaire is still the same. :D