Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by IvanV, Feb 5, 2013.
I guess we need a new thread!
I did one run, and here it is:
My first dry run with a slight OC on the card and CPU at stock.
Don't know why the cpu clock shows as 802 MHz though...
I now can't find the link to my result, and it isn't listed in "my results". Lame. Anyway, everything set as in system specs.
Managed to beat Ivan at the 700FPS one, yusss!
Really bombed in the "Fire Strike", especially combined - I'm thinking maybe Nvidia has some driver work to do here, as I wouldn't normally have put a 5870 50% ahead of a 460. The 5870 was a 470 rival, iirc.
Also not sure how Liquorice is consistently ahead of me in Physics tests, with slower CPU and identical motherboard - tighter RAM, perhaps?
There are problems with the Demo version available through Steam. Anyone who has ever used the Steam BETA is presently unable to get the api to run.
FutureMark is working on a fix.
Anyone interested can follow the developments via the Support Forum on Steam.
A few people have been able to get it to run via the 32-bit version. I'll wait.
BTW, what's with the "Result has Problems" note?
It's not Steam only, so if you wish, you can get it from any of the mirrors listed here.
As for the "Result has problem" remark, the only Catalysts certified for the new 3DMark are 13.2 betas 3 and 4 (WHQL certified 13.1 is apparently too quirky). That covers me and Liqourice, I guess there's a similar issue Blibbax's score.
The Steam version is highly confusion to say the least. When you start it up, you get 7 different options
Good job to complicate it. I did get it to run by choose the first option, but it crashed on the last test. Not sure if because of the program or because of my gfx.
I used "Launch 64bit (non beta)", it worked fine. I did find it confusing as well, but I thought that that one made sense.
I got mine from Techpowerup, which worked fine without the additional binaries or anything else.
And yeah, the "problem" with my result is unapproved drivers.
64bit non beta worked fine.. and looking at task manager showed it as a non 32bit program (64bit opperation)
I ran it while encoding and doing SEVERAL other tasks at the same time to see how good it looked.
I'm quite irritated that they don't make 1920x1080 a requirement nowadays OR automatically pick the higher of 2 resolutions that are just a common standard for the "demo" product.
If your monitor cannot display 1920x1080, then it should default back down to 1280x720 and then list it as a Lower performance value.
Who the hell games at the resolution it selects anyways? looks like ass one all modern monitors.
In this case they're aiming for direct comparability between multiple platforms, including smartphones, so I guess that might justify the low resolution.
I thought that the last test looked ok.
Hmm, 1280*720 looks fine on my monitor (the pixels are bigger, of course, but apart from that, nothing wrong with the picture).
You can look at it as 3 separate benchmarks, that's why each scene has at least two GPU tests and a CPU test and a separate total based on them, and there is no grand score for all three scenes:
the first benchmark is for "anything under the Sun" - it's SM3 and they intend to port it to iOS and Android;
the second is entry-level PC, apparent by the triple digit framerates;
the last one is "the real test" and that one is in fact 1920*1080.
Thanks for the replies and suggestions! And, yes, it's very confusing and even elusively hidden in my list. I had to do a little more work to even get the downloaded and installed thing to even show up in my list.
But, I was able to get the SteamBETA 32-bit to run. Not surprisingly, my system is struggling a bit, it appears....
Well, you scored 2% higher than me in the last test (on the same card).
@Blibbax: Maybe it's the L3 cache on Liqourice's CPU, 6MB vs 4MB?
Here is my laptop score, it's an Nvidia Quadro FX 880M (DX10.1, 48 shaders) and an Intel Core i7-820QM (4 cores, 8 threads, 1.7 GHz I think):
I'm able to utilise the full 6MB through the same unlocking feature that you would use to utilise all 4 cores on an X2
this is what i got yesterday while running 2 Bluray Encodes + Numerous webpages and a video running on another monitor. Not to mention several other additional tasks...
Either way the physics test would be among the hardest hit... i'm sure that [email protected] also didn't help matters with the gpu/cpu tests either lol..
I'll run a clean test later perhaps.
Everything is at stock settings except the 5870 which is a bit OC'd.
I'm also using the 12.10 drivers, which are not approved either btw.
I can only think, then, that the Physics test are somewhat reliant on memory bandwidth - my DDR3 is running at 1470MHZ due to the limitations of my overclock.
Here is mine:
That sounds very likely even.
Second run using the 13.2 Beta5 drivers and the 64-bit Beta version...
Separate names with a comma.