Futuremark 3DMark Results

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by IvanV, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

This seems amazing.... to me....

285+380x API Overhead Tests.... i'm used to seeing directx12 matching up or even beat mantle by a fairly insignificant margin.... KEEP IN MIND, i'm running the API overhead tests at 3840x2160 ..

All these test were ran using the latest beta PRIOR to the crimson drivers... i plan on installing those next with the hotfix and re-running when i get a chance but it's getting late tonight..

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9605994?

[​IMG]

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

I have never run this on my new pc setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Judas

i couldn't imagine what would happen if i had 2x 380x's in crossfire.... Anything that doesn't appear to be breaking 2gb VRAM usage... seems to simply fly... it's been awhile since i've ran any crossfire for any length of time.... and with the lack of crossfire bridge.. i'm rather impressed by the support and capabilities/improvements...

Plus i'm already in plenty of situations either matching or surpassing most of the 390/390x and 980/980TI performance values.. plus again in some situations dropping bombs on the titans.

Considering the cost.. 2x R9 380x's would put one basically right directly in line with the fury X/Nano cards. For the cost of the 285's even you'd still get damn close... the cost of which would be substantially lower but the heat/power usuage would be obviously up a bit higher.. still the tonga and tonga XT cards are quite a bit more energy efficient than any of the other AMD cards.

4. Judas

Ok so i re-ran some tests... with a fairly clean install... with the beta crimsons (not the original).... and this is what i've learnt.

the R9 380x performs by itself very well.. in terms of visual smoothness of the benchmark and various games .... with freesync disabled.... there still seems to be a bit an advantage vs CF...... a game like diablo 3 @ 4k would occasionally stutter in CF... but by itself.. smooth as silk..... as an example.

To the best of my understanding while testing... this only seems to be due to circumstances that would push the vram envelope in which 2gb just wasn't realistically cutting it...

However in say borderlands the pre sequel with physx cranked to max (a custom setting) and CF enabled.... omg does this game play like the smoothest soft ice cream/butter you could potentially ever fathom.... totally kicks the shit out of a single card..... staring at the fps..... NEVER see it drop .... steam's fps counter would never drop below 58fps.... and would usually remain pegged at 61 or 62 which to me seems a little odd .. but whatever, this of course running with vsync enabled.... didn't bother with freesync as that's not really an accurate test... IMO would be cheating in a way lol.

Anywho.... all the following tests were completed using latest drivers available to me and everything up to date.

The API overhead tests were ran @ 4k (only way to REALLY see the significant draw call distance clearly..).. and i've also took on at the default settings which uses a resolution of 1280x720.... to which you'll notice that mantle doesn't appear to be affected at all.. but dx12 takes a smidge of a hit

I'll be pairing the R9 380x SOLO single gpu beside the 285 2gb + 380x 4gb in crossfire..

R9 380x 4GB <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> R9 380x 4gb + R9 285 2GB Crossfire

I guess depending on formatting.... the top result will be 380x and the one below it will be CF

Primary tests
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Fire Strike Extreme
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Fire Strike Ultra 4K
    [​IMG][​IMG]

API Overhead tests @ 4K
    [​IMG][​IMG]

720p Crossfire api test below only for comparisons...
    [​IMG]

5. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Ok so heres the results before and after the new card install ....
    Image1.jpg Image2.jpg Image3.jpg Image4.jpg

6. Judas

more or less doubled.... very nice.

7. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Cheers ... yeah I am quite happy and hopefully when the CPU goes in it will be better again :)

Often wondered what the guy who sits at the very last place in this test with the PC that is "not as good as 100% of the others" is thinking :( must be really depressing .... and the guy in last but one who looks at him and thinks "least mines not as bad as yours"

8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

For some reason, I can't get the SystemInfo to complete. I've let it run for a full twenty minutes and simply shut it down.

I've even uninstalled the SystemInfo on my PC, downloaded the latest version and it still won't complete after WAY TOO LONG. The entire Benchmarks never took a long as what the SystemInfo is taking these days.

9. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Did a bit of overclocking last night...

[​IMG]

I'm sure I can still get more out of it...

The CPU still can't quite compete with my 5820k in overall score, but it certainly feels faster.

I hit 4.9, but it was using too many volts for me to leave it or even bench with it. I was really hoping to make the 5.0GHz barrier... but I would have to de-lid to get to 4.9, let alone 5.0

There's still some headroom there though, I'm going to try getting to 4.85-4.87 with different BCLK and the GPU has more headroom too.

GPU peaked at 45C in the tests :D The CPU managed to hit 70C.

10. Judas

If there is one thing i've been noticing for the last ... oh.... say.... 5 years.... is that overclocking the CPUs is netting less and less of a real world performance improvement.... you can crank it up as far as you can go... but it really doesn't change a whole lot... even for cpu heavy real world tasks... it's not all that much, and with ever growing core counts, you'd think it would be multiplicative.... but it seems to be making less of a dint.

11. Dyre Straits

There have been some problems lately after the previous update to 3D Mark. Among other users, the app wouldn't end, creating problems with also exiting Steam. A new update was uploaded about 18 hours ago.

I just ran the Firestrike Ultra test and it all worked fine this time around.

3DMark-FirestrikeUltra-6-8-16.jpg

12. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Has anyone tried the Time Spy DX12 benchmark? Whenever I try to run it, the demo part goes through fine, then it prepares to run the actual GPU test, and then it just quits the test and returns the score of 0 (and declares it valid :D).

Some additional data:
    • Win 10 Pro x64
    • Radeon HD 7950 3GB
    • [email protected]
    • 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
    • Catalyst 16.6.2 (previously whatever Windows itself updated to today, same behaviour)
    • 3DMark ran from Steam
    • no additional background applications
    • two monitors (extended desktop, not Eyefinity), but I also tried disabling the secondary display and it didn't help.

Any ideas?

13. Judas

time spy works fine for me.

14. IvanV

I got it to work by uninstalling 3DMark from Steam and downloading the standalone version.

1897 points overall, 1715 GPU score - http://www.3dmark.com/spy/275234

15. Dyre Straits

Until you posted about it, I didn't realize it was available for download. I do recall seeing a video demo some time ago, though.

Here's my 1st result...

The validation warning is due to using non-WHQL drivers.

TimeSpy-1stResult.JPG

16. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

And I thought my score was bad lol.

[​IMG]

Looks like I might have to get a Core i7 sometime, or nahhh, I'm good lol.

17. Calliers

My new rigs Time Spy results, apparently better than 93% of all results :D :

[​IMG]

IvanV likes this.
  18. IvanV

Nice! There was something wrong with Time Spy on my PC when I tried to run it, the demo part would run fine, but then the test would crash on loading. I'll look into it further the next time I boot into Windows 10.

Calliers likes this.
  19. Calliers

Yes I gathered. I soooooo want to run the Ray Tracing benchmark, but at this point it seems like a waste of money to me. I'll prolly buy it at some time in the future.

20. IvanV

What, there's no free version? Cheeky bastards!

Calliers likes this.