Futuremark 3DMark Results

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by IvanV, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Nope, I guess they figure if you're rich enough to have a RTX card right now then you're liable for milking. :D

Interesting thing here, Nvidia invented the term "Gigarays" to explain the power of RTX cards when it comes to Ray Tracing, the RTX 2070 is capable of 5 Gigarays per second which is the bare minimum for Ray Tracing to look believable and as it should (although I would think that figure would drop in an intensive title) and the RTX 2080 8 Gigarays per second and finally the RTX 2080Ti has an output of 10 Gigarays per second.

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Okay, this is getting somewhat annoying, I can't get the Time Spy benchmark to run. Every time I run it, the demo goes through fine, then the application starts loading the assets for the actual test and, during that process, crashes. The error is that I'm missing this or that file in the compiled shaders folder. What I've done so far:
    • updated and verified 3DMark
    • deleted the shader cache folder (so that it is re-created)
    • uninstalled the second 3DMark instance I had on the OS (LOL, not sure how I pulled that off, but it seems that I had both the Steam and the non-Steam version installed at the same time)
    • updated Windows to a more recent build (from 1511 to 1703; it's my tertiary OS and I'm currently re-evaluating if I can live with Windows 10 on the daily basis)
    I'm using AMD's 19.2.1 drivers (I think, I'm not at that particular PC at the moment) on an RX 580 8GB and other than Time Spy it seems to be working well: Fire Strike tests work, Deus Ex (DX12) works, anything else that I've tried on my other two Windows instances (which are both Windows 7) works.

Any ideas?

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

wait... how the hell did you run time spy demo on windows 7 in the first place.. it's a dx12 exclusive benchmark which only is functional on windows 10

edit: Wait, 2 other instances which are windows 7.... meaning the first is win10.

If i recall the latest time spy benchmark requires WDDM that's updated to the latest version of windows 10 in order to operate. It could run previously if time spy wasn't updated as it complied with the latest at the time wddm. Far as i know you can't revert it back.

Essentially if you aren't running at least 1803 or 1809, i don't believe you can complete the test, but i'm of course not entirely sure.

Out of curiousity i just ran the timespy benchmark on my 580s and it went straight through without a hitch.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    IvanV likes this.
  4. IvanV

Thanks, Judas! It should work on 1703 AFAIK, but that might be old info related to a previous version of the benchmark. I'll check. The .reflection file which it says is missing is really not there (there is only a .blob file with the same name).

5. IvanV

Mystery solved! I found a suggestion that sometimes installing to a different folder helps, especially when the current install folder is non-standard, and that closer to root is better. In my case, wanting to separate Program Files for my various instances of Windows, I made a folder called Win10ExtraSpace and put the Windows 10 Program Files there, so I thought I'd give that advice a try, moved 3DMark to C:\SteamLibrary (which is not standard, but is closer to root) and hey presto, the benchmark ran fine on the first try.

EDIT: I thought that maybe the old location was problematic because it resulted in very long (over 256 characters) filepaths , but that's not the case. Even though those precompiled shader files have very long names, the total amounted to just under 250 characters.

EDIT2: Here's the score:
    TS.JPG
    http://www.3dmark.com/spy/6300851

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  6. Judas

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

Here is my latest Firestrike Test at the Gaming PC setting. This is everything at default speeds...no OC'ing so far.

3DMark-AMDSystemTest.jpg

I've tried twice to run Firestrike in Extreme mode...but it crashes after a couple of tests to a black "3D Mark Workload" screen. Of course, I'm not using more than the one GPU...but it has sufficient memory.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

This is the 4K test. Some spots are really, really choppy!

3DMark-AMDSystem-4K Test.png

9. Judas

extreme can even run through on a vega 8 included in the 2200G... so that's a curious situation, specially if 4K makes it through since it's arguably far harder on the system than extreme.

Either way, the 590's 8GB is a nice amount of video memory to have, it's arguably the minimum one would buying a new gpu today if they intend to play games, 4GB is starting to run into it's limits, and 3GB cards like the 1060 3GB is basically cratering now in some games even at 1080p apparently, this is why the 570 4gb is usually out performing it significantly.