Game of Thrones final season discussion, lots of spoilers, don't click if you are not up to date!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Ok, this is the Game of Thrones discussion thread, for those of us following it currently.

Feel free to talk about the show candidly.

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Im predicting ..

The Hound will save Arya from some kind of fiery death ...dying in the process

Arya Will kill the mountain

Tormund will be mortally wounded and Breanne will go to him before he dies and the last thing he sees will be her

Bran dead

Theon dead

Sir Jorah Dead

Sir Davos alive and well

Sam and Family alive

Sir Jaimie .... kills Cerci to save Tyrion

not sure where Jon Snow and his Aunty will end up but its could go either way

Calliers likes this.
  3. Calliers

Arya still hates The Hound, although the way The Hound is behaving it's as if he's turned over a new leaf. I sure hope they can mend their relationship.

Tyrion is kind of a die hard character, he always seems to survive.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  4. Calliers

Lol, a lot of your predictions came true in episode 3, which is my favourite episode of all time to date.

Arya killing the night king in cool style, that was so so sooooo unexpected. And the lady in red turning into dust as if to signify that she too was in a way undead since she was elongating her life and she just had to die in the end.

5. Mr Cairo

I took the red lady death as a payment for the lord of light giving her that last bit of fire to light the trench, for a while it seemed it wasn't going to happen then she really started pleading and finally fire

I thought that's all she has left

No one can kill the night king and Arya was No one .... very well thought out

6. Calliers

I'm definitely going to miss some of the characters that died, also I don't understand how a knight can fight with a metal hand. It doesn't make sense. He should have died (Sir Jaimie) during the attack. Oh well, strange things do happen. I particularly don't like him anyway.

7. Calliers

So, it's finally over, ended surprisingly for me, I didn't expect Daenerys to die, but she deserved it after the way she laid waste to the city and killed all those innocent women, children and men.

I'm really going to miss Game of Thrones, for sure.

8. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I thought everyone expected her to die and was just wondering if it was going to be Jon, Arya, Tyrion or something else (a la Jamie and Cersei's rocks). BTW, I never fully trusted Daenerys, she was obsessed with the throne and her right to it from season one, although she did fool me for a while, thinking that she matured, that she genuinely opened her eyes to the plight of the oppressed masses and took that to her heart, and I definitely didn't think she'd go crazy like that. Even when she burned King's Landing, I thought she'd say it was for Missandei (whose last words were "Dracarys!") and not that it was just part of rebuilding the new, better world, like any mad dictator would.

I agree with the people saying that the last season was poorly cobbled up. It's not about who did what, who died, who lived, who got the throne, it 's about the execution. Season 7 had already lost it at times (like Drogon going supersonic to save Jon's party from the White Walkers) and Season 8 had that kind of thing plus scenes just piling up with characters turning 180° on what they did in the last episode and everything feeling abrupt. For example, it's not unconceivable that Jamie would return to his sister, but the way he did it, with the cheesy speech he gave, was just lame. There was a lot of cheese in this season. And while they perhaps would have done it better if they'd made a full 10 episode season, it's not like they didn't have enough time. Directors used to be able to fit a full film into 90 minutes and have it make sense. Game of Thrones had close to that in each of the six episodes, with the total play time of season 8 (7+ hours) being enough to fit an early cut of a full length film for even the more "in depth" directors.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  9. Mr Cairo

Jons ending was disappointing but overall it was Ok ...gone from great to Ok but still I made it to the end

6 months from now a full watch of the series is in order

10. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

[​IMG]

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  11. Mr Cairo

Calliers and QB71 like this.