Gaming Today: GTX 260 V Radeon 4870

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 21, 2008.

1. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

yEAH, JUST A SECOND FOR RED SPANKY ' ILL GET HIM THE GODDAMNED LINKS - SO HE CAN EAT HIS FUCKING HAT

2. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

here the 295 slams the 4870x2 - and the GTX280 DAMN NEAR BEATS THE 4870X2
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Video Card Preview - Page 11 - Hardware Canucks

THE CORE 216 SLAMS THE 4870 1 GIG ABOVE.

Fudzilla

295 WINS BEST SINGLE CARD TOP DOMINATOR WHIPPING THE 4870X2 ABOVE

PhysX Games List
    PHYSX GAMES
    TH WHATEVER AND EA SIGNED ON - AND MORE ARE SIGNING ON - PHYSX IS GROWING IN THE PLAYSTATION MARKETS - IT'S NOT GOING AWAY - SOMETHING BETTER WILL HAVE TO EMERGE FIRST. THERE ISN'T ANYTHING BETTER RIGHT NOW.
    HAVOK IS ALREADY INTEGRATED AND JUST AS WIDESPREAD - BUT IT'S YESTERDAYS TECH GOOD - BUT MORE IS PHYSX.

What links does red fanban want ? WHAT MORE YOU WANT FANBOY - OR JUST BAN ME - YOU PIECE OF CRAP.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Man, you are either a troll or have the IQ of an out of date banana flavoured frozen yogurt. Either way, thanks for making us laugh.

4. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

Cripes another LIE " ATI also has the 4850 with slightly lower performance than the 4870 and a lower pricepoint even under the 260GTX which Nvidia has no product to fit that market at the time. "

Try 9800GT 9800GTX 9800GTX+ , and the 8800GT - which in SLI still takes almost the VERY TOP in very few games.
    Nothing in that range ? :LOL
    That goes well with all the whines about "rebranding" and "renaming" the same thing.

Here comes some LINKS:
    Let's start with your very own site and the low end NVidia 9800GT of those I mentioned:
    " When deciding which card to buy one of the main features which should be taken into account is performance and overall we feel that the 4850 Sonic just edges ahead of the 9800 GT Sonic. "

Bosh , that 9800GT wouldn't be a REBRANDED 8800 gt chip with slightly different setup would it ? Now that WOULD DESTROY the argument that there isn't anything in the range since "ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT IS THE HIGH END NVIDIA LATEST 200 CORE " !!! AND COMPARE IT TO THE NEW ATI CORE - THE PROBLEM IS A VERY MUCH OLDER CORE FROM NVIDIA COMPETES HEAD TO HEAD WITH THE LATEST TOPCORE KNOCKDOWN FROM ATI !

Think about it red fanboy ! Your reds latest core knocked down for the 4850 - AND NVIDIA TAKES 3-4 GENERATIONS BACK AND EQUALS IT !!!

OH BOY - THAT TRUTH REALLY HURTS- OMG IT'S SO BAD NOONE CAN SAY IT BUT ME ! OH BAN BAN BAN ME FOR TELLING THE TRUTH AND BEING "A SPAMMER!" AND A MEANIE!

( thank YOURSELF for lying in such GRAND FASHION and causing the RAGE).

let's REVIEW - THE G80 NVIDIA CORE BEFORE THE G84,G90,AND G92, IS CURENTLY USED TO MATCH UP AGAINST THE ATI TOP DOG CORE KNOCKDOWN.( yes it's a g92 in the 9800gt but it sure ain't a g200 )

YET YOU WHINED NVIDIA IS - whatever the hell you whined...oh doesn't have a market segment there......

BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4850 newegg right around $130-$150 after rebates (some higher)
    9800GT " $ 90- $130 "
    9800GTX " $ $150 ONLY
    9800GTX+ $ 130 - $200 < LOTS OF CHOICES BEATS 4850

I WILL caveate that I have seen some good 4850 CF scores, but I'm not certain how they compare to SLI in the above nvidia cards. I guess I'll check
    GeForce 9800 GTX+ SLI review (plus model)

It appears ONLY in 2650x1600 can the 4850 win - IN ALL OTHER RESOLUTIONS the 9800GTX+ wins - and all of us can be CERTAIN that the general buyer does NOT have a 1500 to 2000 grand monitor to run those resolutions.

So oh well - SO MUCH FOR THAT HOGWASH ABOUT NO COMPETING PIECE IN THE PRICE SEGMENT !!
    THE 4850 HAS DROPPED FURTHER FROM $200 BECAUSE IT IS NOT AS GOOD !

Yeah, boy - so many LIES !
    _________________________-

edit
    Come on - I'm waiting for one of the red ragers to tell me the 9800GT - and the 9800GTX and the 9800GTX+ ARE REALLY NEWER CORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you have to NOW - since your OWN WEBSITE puts the 4850 (the LATEST CORE cripple from ATI ) up against the 9800GT and calls it VERY CLOSE ?

WHAT ABOUT THAT YEAR OF SCREAMING NVIDIA JUST REUSED AN OLD CORE ?

UH OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RED FANBOY PROBLEM ! IS IT AN OLD CORE - JUST A REWORKED NOTHING COMPETING WITH THE LATEST GREATEST 4000 SERIES FROM ATI ?

Yeah.... oops---- red rage blowout.

Just HOW FAR FROM THE TRUTH have the red fans wandered ?
    __________________________________________________ ___-

Here's how far : Redban mod master compared the 4850 with the GTX200 !!!!!!!!

HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Gosh, hate to break it to you - it is to be compared with the 9800GT - that aging, dying old raggy core of - the 8800GT

Oh well, ATI will have something to beat several generations ago from NVidia in their #2 card soon.

OUCH ! Yes that's how far the BS has travelled from the truth.

NO YOU DON'T GET TO SAY "I SAID AT THE TIME!"
    NOPE SORRY LIAR !
    "
    In particular, Radeon HD 4870 with 512mb GDDR5 memory will be proposed for $329, and Radeon HD 4850 with 512mb GDDR3 memory will be proposed for $229. Thus, AMD reduced the initial prices by $20.
    Associates also report that Radeon HD 4870 will be approximately up to 40% faster than GeForce 9800 GTX, and Radeon HD 4850 will prove to be 10% faster than the same Nvidia video card"

http://xtreview.com/addcomment-id-5367-view-Radeon-HD-4870-and-4850-price-drop.html

GOLLY THE CARD WAS ALREADY THERE - AT THE TIME - BEFORE THE RELEASE - OH F'ING WELL!

The 9800gtx vs the 4850
    http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=3&artpage=3606&articID=849

A very even split it appears on the sterile benchmarks

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  5. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

XX

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

nvm

7. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

I think someone has had too much eggnog this Christmas season....

If you would post something with a bit of coherence and substance you would be worth my time.

I also did not threaten you, posting multiple times to yourself is indeed spamming when you could have put your whole rants in one post.

Thank you for the good laugh though :)

tanka12345 likes this.
  8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I received a few PMs about this thread.

I actually don't agree with a few things Chaosminion said especially about phsyX, but thats the joys of a forum .... the debate.

Unfortunately when you join this forum and aren't capable of a debate but instead decide that ranting, swearing and shouting at other people is acceptable then I need to step in. I dislike banning people but sometimes it has to be done.

Im a massive fan of Nvidia products as anyone on this forum knows but I need to draw the line somewhere.

blibbax likes this.
  9. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Drugs are bad mmmm...kay!

10. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

this was so funny......

either way, when the new cards drop from nvidia and ATi, ill make my choice..... since i finally have access to all my money now.....

anybody know when this GTX 295 hits? or is that still NDA?

11. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Oh my good Lord in Hell...this thread went way off the deep end. That banned dude is just crazy (didn't read everything he said but the fact that he typed that much makes him utterly screw-loose).

12. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

lol yea....

13. HardwareHeaven

8th January. 285GTX is 16th

14. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

cool.

thanks Z

15. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

People like silicondoc deserve to eat their own graphics cards. What's the point about getting so hyped up and crazy about a performance comparison?
    Jeesus, Somebody shoot the guy please

16. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

that's exactly what I thought.. I mean, what is wrong between comparing cards of same pricerange, even if one of those cards is a little bit older or uses an old core. It's not about that, it's about what has the best performance for the price.

17. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I've always used Nvidia cards and will almost certainly continue to do so, but that guy was an idiot. Good choice, Zardon.

18. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

You like PhysX Z?

I know you love your Nvidia but wasnt sure on your view of PhysX, maybe you would like to share what you like? :D

19. tanka12345

tanka12345 New Member

Yeah, I agree. Z should tell us his opinion on PhysX. :D
    Personally I think it isn't developed enough yet for it to be popular.

20. HardwareHeaven

Whats not to like about additional image quality? lets be honest. Most hardware publications messed up their coverage of PhsyX because all they explained were "frame rates" and people seem to be under this impression that "its slower than without it". Which is going to be pretty obvious if you analyse it.

Isnt everyone on the holy grail now for IQ? I know I am. I would rather have a game running at 40fps with particle effects, debris and other extras than at 60fps without. Cyrostatis for example is a wonderful indication of what is possible if the developers tackle it. GRAW2 still looks great (Ageia island in particular) and the tornado in Unreal Tournament is another. The upcoming Mirrors Edge on the PC uses it as do a few others on the horizon.

We covered it pretty well in the past I think. http://www.driverheaven.net/articles.php?articleid=122

I don't think we can give a negative view on something because it has yet to be adopted by the masses. Will it be a success? I dont know, id like to see more developers using it but lets see how it goes in 2009. As a technology its extremely appealing to me, it always was, even when it was just a hardware solution before Nvidia bought it over.