GH and DH Competition: Win a ATI 3870 GFX signed by Gabe Newell

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really like the HL1 Source game because it is rebuild on the original HL1,but with better graphics and you can enjoy it again with the new Source engine

2. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really liked the game Counter-Strike: Condition Zero from Valve because it is a variation from the original MP game Counterstrike and it adds a very cool story mode.

3. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really liked the game Day of Defeat Source because it is based on WW2 and CS:S,and these 2 games blended together make another great MP game

4. sushrukh

sushrukh New Member

I like all the Half Life series.Specially the Episode two.Generally most games don't have such strong storylines but HL series is really an exception.The Episode Two contains a pretty indulging storyline,amazing graphics & a well maintained AI.

This is just one of those many beautifully rendered locales in HL 2- Episode Two.

[​IMG]

I love this game so much & I've taken this screenshot from the game & it's still on my desktop as the wallpaper. :)

5. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

Counter-Strike: Source definately.. I always have a really fun time playing with people and there's never a dull moment. For example, one time..

I was playing in a 34 slot server and all its slots were filled on Dust2. It was 17 v 17 and the admin decided to have a litlte fun and do knives only. Almost immediately, a couple of guys on the CT team said over their mics, "Guys, hold down the pit!!" and surprisingly, all 17 CT's went and camped at the very bottom of the pit.

Everybody was completely silent, just waiting for T's to come by and ambush them. However, the terrorist team somehow knew about the plan and organized all 17 teammates outside the pit. All of a sudden, on CT we just see all 17 of the terrorists form a circle around the top of the pit, trapping us inside.

Players from neither team moved for about a minute, and both teams were just waiting for the other to make a move. Meanwhile, on the CT team, people were saying things like, "Holy crap, this'll be the battle to end all battles!"

Then one person on CT decided it would be a good idea to toggle his flashlight repeatedly at the Terroists, in an attempt to scare them away. So everybody on the CT team, and eventually the Terrorist team, were just firing their flashlights at one another :lol:.

Finally, on the CT side we decided to try and make a run for it on the count of 3. One person counted to 3 over his mic, and we just charged out of there as fast as we could. It didn't work very well though, since the Terrorists dropped down into the pit from both sides immediately while the rest remained at the entrance to the pit. Needless to say, we got annihilated on the CT side, but the entire time I just could not stop laughing.

That's pretty much why I love playing Counter Strike: Source. There's always a great story to tell

6. shanok

shanok New Member

OMG, I never win im a loser, feel sorry for me I hope you all die

I just had to. After all, Zardon said I couldn't say it afterwards ;)

7. Resistor

Resistor Get it Going..

My Favourite Game will be Day Of Defeat as it always blows me sky high.... I have never get so close to Heaven before...

8. Stormblast

Stormblast New Member

-----

Portal powns, it's a unique game and I hope there will be a sequel or something similar in the near by future...
    A good game is more than just kill, kill and graphics.
    ps: where's the cake? :uhoh:

9. Murissokah

Murissokah New Member

Half Life

Half-a-Life of amazement from Valve can't be beat. It's unreal how it pushed me beyond the call of my duties, and now I'm doomed to spend my days seeing enemies quaking in fear as I roar through the battlefield. Gordon out.

10. Murissokah

Murissokah New Member

PS

I'm already buying a new card anyway, and guess what:
    I'll just have 3870 new reasons to play half-life again!

11. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Active Member

In reality all Valve games are good, but the best is Half life, well is not just a game it is a epic saga! The story is imensely deep and inovating, and alied with unic playing caracteristics it makes of it one of the landmarks in game history! just brilliant cant wait for the episode 3, I would love a Half life 1 remake, but that seems hoppeless... keep the good work Valve, and I'm looking forward for those unforeseen consequences...

12. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Active Member

Well is Valve and mister Newell kind enough to "portal" me a HD 3870? if it comes as smooth as the game, that would be perfect!!

13. brajko2

brajko2 New Member

I'm a big fan of Half life... which really made a big impression on me several years ago.
    And Half life 2 is even better with gameplay and great graphics.

14. Robbeh

Robbeh New Member

The Orange Box: my very own weighted companion cube

15. Robbeh

Robbeh New Member

Portal, because as GLaDOS puts it:

This was a triumph
    I'm making a note here
    HUGE SUCCESS
    It's hard to overstate my satisfaction
    Valve Corporation
    they do what they must
    because they can
    for the good of us gamers
    except for the noobs who are dead

but there's no sense crying
    over every mistake
    they just keep programming
    till they run out of cake.
    And their coding gets done
    and they made a neat gun
    for the gamers who want
    a 3870

PS And beleive me I want
    a 3870

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  16. Robbeh

Robbeh New Member

Team Fortress 2, because at the heart of every gamer there's a fat guy with a minigun shouting "yeaaaaarrrrh"!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  17. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really like the game Half-Life 2 because it has so much details ingame,you think that everything is happening in reality,and to display this,the game does not need a top-notch PC.

18. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really like the game Counterstrike Source because it is built on the latest Source Engine,it gets all the updates for it and keeps all people entertained,no matter the PC configuration,because the game engine is very good built and scallable

19. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really like the game from Valve Counterstrike Source because it is simply the best and no one can resist it after playing a round or 2 with friends!

20. CoolZone

CoolZone New Member

I really like the game Counterstrike,the original one,because it is very entertaining,the game engine is good and there are hundreds of maps on the net,so you ca never get bored of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.